How often do you ...

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Just curious how often you guys remove your case and clean your phone. I do it about 1x a week, wondering if I should do it more often. I have the microfiber case and along the top it's not uncommon for dust to slip in. I clean it with water and a microfiber cloth. Oh, and after a month, the microfiber part of my case hasn't collected anything, it's still spotless. I'm a bit of a neat freak, so it's almost always in a clean pocket or a piece of furniture that's probably been dusted recently. Anyone experience the same?

A month has passed and I still love this phone. I can't remember any piece of tech that I've enjoyed more than this phone. Maybe my MacBook in 2009, but this is right up there.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
About once a week as well. I take my TPU case off and wash it with soap, inside and out. I wipe my device down and then get a can of air for the for speaker grills. I dry the case very well and replace.

Posted via my Nexus 6P!

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
About once every week at the beginning... then it becomes less and less over time. Since it's still new it's still once a week.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I remove my case once a week but not for cleaning.. I do it because I play league at a pool hall and don't want the case to smell like a pool hall (basically an ash tray).

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I can't get my darn case off without a fight... so I guess I don't do it. The top and bottom of my phone are exposed in this case so I'm not seeing a lot of lint collection.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have to take mine off at least once a week because of my job and the work I do. Sometimes more often depending on what I'm working with on the job. I just run my case through the dishwasher on the top rack to clean it. My 26 month old original Moto X still looked brand new. I'm hoping the Nexus 6 P looks as good after that long!

Posted via Android Central App

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I have to take mine off at least once a week because of my job and the work I do. Sometimes more often depending on what I'm working with on the job. I just run my case through the dishwasher on the top rack to clean it. My 26 month old original Moto X still looked brand new. I'm hoping the Nexus 6 P looks as good after that long!

Posted via Android Central App
My case doesn't get extremely dirty from work, but I also put mine in the dishwasher, usually only about once a month. Otherwise I wash the case with soap and water. I use the Whoosh spray/microfiber cloth to clean the phone every day. The last time I bought it was from the AndroidCentral store, but they don't sell it anymore. Amazon has it.

71RFKdN-wiL._SL1500_.jpg

I don't use a case on the phone when I'm at home, but I don't have any kids or pets who could damage it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781