Hello, I bought a note 4 a few months back and have a bit of bad luck with it, I accidentaly dropped it in the toliet D: So since thats dead I need a new phone and I was looking at the 6p but have a question T-mobile is the service I use and they dont carry the 6p's. If I bought one would I be able to use it? If so how? I've tried looking online but couldn't find a straight answer. If someone could answer this I would very much appreciate it and thanks in advance
    12-17-2015 03:13 AM
    Yes you can. Take the sim from the note 4, use a sim cutter to cut it to nano size, and place it into the phone
    12-17-2015 06:52 AM
    It's fully T-Mobile compatible. If you are happy with T-Mobile you might want to consider Project FI which uses both the T-Mobile and Sprint networks and works internationally.
    12-17-2015 04:25 PM
    Hey thanks a lot for responding so soon, so just to make sure we're on the same page i just buy the 6p, cut my sim card to nano and plop it in and it would work just fine without the need for anything else? And also i have looked into Project Fi but dont really understand what it does and what the point of it would be. Why not just use my standard carrier services? Thanks again for all the help im really greatful
    12-18-2015 01:08 AM
    Hey thanks a lot for responding so soon, so just to make sure we're on the same page i just buy the 6p, cut my sim card to nano and plop it in and it would work just fine without the need for anything else? And also i have looked into Project Fi but dont really understand what it does and what the point of it would be. Why not just use my standard carrier services? Thanks again for all the help im really greatful
    Cutting the SIM card should work, though the Micro SIMs are actually a bit thicker than a Nano SIM, so it can be a tight fit and maybe even will need a bit filed off the top. Often, it is just easier to go into a T-Mobile store and ask them to swap your current SIM for a Nano.

As for Project Fi, it works well if you don't use a lot of data or are on WiFi a lot of the time. If you have an Unlimited plan, or use BingeOn or Music Freedom a lot, it is likely not a good deal. The advantage bjrosen was talking about is that Project Fi uses both the T-Mobile and Sprint networks, switching you to whichever has a stronger signal where you currently are using your phone. So, if you are in a place where T-Mobile doesn't have coverage but Sprint does, you phone can switch to Sprint and you can keep using your phone like normal.

The other "advantage," at least for those that don't use a lot of cellular data, is that you only use the data you pay for. When you sign up for Fi they have you get a "plan" by estimating how much data you will use each month. They charge $20 for unlimited talk and text, then $10 per GB of data; so if you typically use 2GB a month, you will pay $40 when you start your service (it is actually charged about 10 days later). The next month, if you only used 1.569 GB of data, they will credit you $4.31 for your unused data -- meaning the next month your bill will only be $35.69. If the following month you use 2.5 GB of data, you will still have high speed data the whole time but you will pay for it at the normal rate (no overage fee), so you'll pay $45 the next month.

It is a nice service for those that don't use a lot of data; particular for people who are paying $50-100 for their current cell phone plan but only use a few GB of data each month. An other disadvantage is you have to use one of the newer Nexus phones -- either the 5X, 6, or 6P. While that may change in the future, I'd plan that any upgrade will have to be for a newer Nexus phone.
    12-18-2015 03:26 AM
    I have a 6P on T-Mobile, no problems here!

Yup
    12-18-2015 11:36 AM
    No problems with t-mobile here either.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-18-2015 11:39 AM
    Worst case scenario you'd have to get a new sim from the t mobile store. It works great on T mobile though. Fully compatible with network including the new 700 spectrum. Wifi calling as well.
    12-18-2015 12:17 PM
    Okay cool, thanks everbody for the quick replies and help. I guess I'll go trade in for a nano and buy the 6p.
    12-18-2015 02:43 PM
    Just to add... I have lines w att and T-Mobile and I prefer T-Mobile 10x more that they expanded the network.
    Out of the box your 6p will have HD voice, WiFi calling, band 12, and the visual voicemail built into the phone application so u don't have to download the tmob one from the app store.
    Just awesome on T-Mobile!

12-18-2015 03:54 PM
    I am on t-mobile and my phone shows a h what does that mean? Also I just took Sim out of note 5 and used it
    12-19-2015 07:06 AM
    Just go to a T-Mobile store and have them pop in a new SIM. Don't mess around with cutting the SIM.

12-19-2015 09:02 AM
    Does anyone no why I get a h on mine while I'm in a building what does the h stand fot
    12-19-2015 09:31 AM
    HSPA

12-19-2015 03:13 PM
    I just put my Sim in the phone from my note 5 was I suppose to go to t-mobile and get a new Sim ?
    12-20-2015 03:44 AM
    No. The Note 5 uses a nano SIM so it will fit in the N6P. The Tmo SIM doesn't care what device you use it in. Whatever services you had on the Note 5, you will have on the N6P.
    12-20-2015 05:52 AM
    On T Mobile I'm getting crazy good signal strength with the 6p. Way better than what I got with my Lumia 1520 and my Moto X. I don't know if this is due to the new band 700 or just better radio? Either way I'm happy. Went into the grocery store and still had great reception way back in frozen foods. Super cool.
    12-20-2015 12:22 PM
    On T Mobile I'm getting crazy good signal strength with the 6p. Way better than what I got with my Lumia 1520 and my Moto X. I don't know if this is due to the new band 700 or just better radio? Either way I'm happy. Went into the grocery store and still had great reception way back in frozen foods. Super cool.
    The radio is quite good. The lady and I were in our favorite sushi spot and she has an iPhone on T-mobile and my 6p was picking up LTE while her iPhone 6S plus got no signal. Whoda thunkit!? When I had my nexus 6 I would get no signal as well and band 12 isn't available in that location.

12-20-2015 04:45 PM
    It's the new T-Mobile Band 12 (700 mHz). It's just incredible and has really changed T-Mobile's network dramatically!
    12-23-2015 10:32 PM
    Not sure. Can't seem to find any info about this spectrum in my area? In any case I'm happy with the signal strength.
    12-23-2015 11:43 PM