Anyone from Galaxy s6 to 6p?

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm struggling with keeping my s6 or picking up the 6p especially right now while on sale. Any regrets by anyone who switched and why? The size of the phone isn't an issue. I don't think I will miss wireless charging, I seldom use it. Anyway any thoughts or help is appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've had both. No regrets about the change at all. I'm loving the larger screen, front facing speakers and plain android. Do it

Posted via the Android Central App

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input. One other question. How durable does the phone feel?I mean does it give the feeling of being delicate and more easily broken than other phones? I've had the s6 since launch day and it doesn't leave the house without a case and I'm sure if I get the 6p it will be treated the same.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
It was a blessing.

If I'm going to pay premium for an android phone I might as well buy an iPhone, which I did.

Battery life was mediocre, don't get the obsession of thinnest to sacrifice it.

carraser891

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the input. One other question. How durable does the phone feel?I mean does it give the feeling of being delicate and more easily broken than other phones? I've had the s6 since launch day and it doesn't leave the house without a case and I'm sure if I get the 6p it will be treated the same.

Not gunna lie the phone does feel delicate without a case.

Bkr11

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
Came from S6 Active...handed down to my wife. Prefer everything about the 6P except the camera and video are better in S6... The big difference is ois vs no ois.

KaliforniaKid

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Dumped my Sprint Galaxy S6 to my kid who couldn't care less as long as she can text and surf the net.

Never knew how must faster Apps run without the Sprint and Samsung bloatware.
I lost Sprint's WiFi calling and their dedicated calling, text and email apps but Google Voice and Messenger are way better.
To think, I used to pay Sprint $2 a month to have my voicemails transcribed, it's free with Google - and they email you copies too.

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Galaxy S6 recently got an update for WiFi calling, and also somehow allows SMS/MS over WiFi on apps like Textra that let it. I've decided I need this now, and I'm not sure I could go without it. Would the N6P on Verizon be able to do this, too?

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had no issues with s6's.(besides a few coloured hue screens).
I actually have both 6P and S6.
Only downside of the 6P is the size is too big for my pocket at work. I'm up and down on a forklift a lot. And almost falls out every time. Also with the S6 it has a lot of apps on the phone I use all ready. Where as the 6P I need to download everything I use and the S6 already had.
I'm considering going with my S6.
Though still love the 6P.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Size and no OIS are holding me back. Really want a nexus but I will wait another year.

dreaming of electric sheep

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
i did.... the size is something you get over quickly. i think the only thing i notice is the camera on the s6 seemed better to me, not to say the 6p is bad my any means. Beyond that the 6p eclipses the s6 in every way.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Dumped my Sprint Galaxy S6 to my kid who couldn't care less as long as she can text and surf the net.

Never knew how must faster Apps run without the Sprint and Samsung bloatware.
I lost Sprint's WiFi calling and their dedicated calling, text and email apps but Google Voice and Messenger are way better.
To think, I used to pay Sprint $2 a month to have my voicemails transcribed, it's free with Google - and they email you copies too.

How are you able to activate visual voice mail? Am I missing something?

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I had the s6 but I couldn't take the poor battery and sold it and got the Note 5... It really is a better larger s6 w a couple bonuses.
Every year I buy the Nexus but am always disappointed by the camera's in every model.
This 6p can hang with the iph and Galaxy's in terms of camera quality and battery life.

With all that said, I haven't touched my Note 5 since receiving the 6p. But I love stock Android w no bloat...and the latest updates.