Android system

the gator

May 17, 2010
Visit site
After the last update my battery life has gone from good to bad. The factor has been Android system in the battery stats, it will show 25% while the screen will be at 6%. Wondering if anyone else had this problem. Google has been great about it when I called and explained it to them, they are sending me a new phone.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I just read an article about this on PCmag I think. The author said that updating to 6.0.1 completely killed his battery life. Even after factory resets it hasn't improved. So even though I don't what's the same issue, you're not alone

Posted via the Android Central App

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Same here. 6.0.1 killed my battery life. Went from an easy 5 hrs SoT to barely making 3 SoT in the same type of usage day.

From what I can tell from my battery graph, Google play services keeps WiFi on, the phone does not go into doze, and I lose anywhere from 20-30% of my battery in a 3 hr span. When in that same period, I would lose maybe 5%.

This reminds me of N5 battery life, which was terrible at best.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
1. Reboot, and leave it off for a couple minutes before powering it back up.
2. Clear cache data... Settings > Storage & notification > give it a few seconds to load, then touch the Cached data, then Ok to clear.
3. Reboot again, same as above.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Same here. 6.0.1 killed my battery life. Went from an easy 5 hrs SoT to barely making 3 SoT in the same type of usage day.

From what I can tell from my battery graph, Google play services keeps WiFi on, the phone does not go into doze, and I lose anywhere from 20-30% of my battery in a 3 hr span. When in that same period, I would lose maybe 5%.

This reminds me of N5 battery life, which was terrible at best.

WiFi is on all the time because it is always scanning. Go to location, 3 dots, scanning. Turn off Bluetooth and WiFi scanning even when it's off.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
WiFi is on all the time because it is always scanning. Go to location, 3 dots, scanning. Turn off Bluetooth and WiFi scanning even when it's off.

I did that. It's still on. I have uninstalled play services and updated again. Still the same issue. Something is wake locking my phone

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I did that. It's still on. I have uninstalled play services and updated again. Still the same issue. Something is wake locking my phone

Hmm. Let's hope for a fix with next update. 6.0.1 brought many issues to quite a few users.

ianeb

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue, Google Play Services always top or second on the battery usage list.

Turned loads of things off, tried every solution I can find on Google but still the same. I turn WiFi off when I got to work yet the phone still shows it being used throughout the day by GPS... Definitely an issue since the update. Hope they fix it