Gmail push not working on 6P?

Connorj2005

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Some tid bits about the phone first: Running stock 6.0.1 on an AT&T mobile share plan

For the past week I have noticed that my Gmail accounts are not pushing emails to my device. When I notice that I haven't received an email in a while, I'll go manually refresh my inboxes and everything will pull through. Auto sync data is checked, and I have noticed it across LTE, HSPA, regular wifi (multiple networks), and an AT&T microcell. This leads me to believe it has something to do with the phone software or hardware, not a network issue. I have tried the easy fixes: toggle airplane mode/reboot the phone. I have yet to remove and re-add the accounts or do a hard reset yet. Does anyone else have this issue? And of course, does anyone have an idea of how to fix this?

Cheers

mumfoau

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I was experiencing that over the weekend while with my in laws for Christmas. Associated it with the fact that my signal is nonexistent when I'm there. But, noticed on Sunday that I still wasn't receiving email. Manually refreshed a few times and it just seemed to have fixed itself...

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Here too. Started recently. Wondering if this is a 6.0.1 bug somehow. I am on that version as well. Google inbox appears to be working ok though I think.

Indyrobb

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Nexus 6 had been receiving emails all day today with no problems, but my 6p, I had to keep manually refreshing. Both are on 6.0.1.

But I didn't have problems yesterday and I've been on Wifi all weekend.

Posted via the Android Central App

Connorj2005

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
If you could, check on Inbox to see if it is really working please. If this is a 6.0.1 bug it would be nice to have another good email app to use in the meantime while they fix the bug.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm now that you mention it, I have the same issue on 6.0.1. If I manually refresh my emails come through. Also sometimes I just go into gmail and I'll have emails sitting there unread, and no notifications. Weird bug....

CobaltDragon

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here. I will sometimes go into my email and there are unread ones there that I never got a notification for, or it will quickly refresh on its own and begin pulling in emails that are hours old. Happens on my gmail account and the two imap accounts I use with the gmail app.

ag43

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't think it's a nexus issue. My lg g4 stopped receiving push notifications from Google (gmail, inbox, hangout etc) last week. My old i9300 that is synchronized to the same Gmail accounts still receive them.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
This issue has been acknowledged by Google and the Gmail dev team. They found the root cause and have a fix for it. Unfortunately it will come in the next gmail update whenever that rolls out.

numl0ck

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
This issue has been acknowledged by Google and the Gmail dev team. They found the root cause and have a fix for it. Unfortunately it will come in the next gmail update whenever that rolls out.
What caused it to stop working all the sudden? What changed?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

Link to source please.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's a 6P problem. I've been experiencing the same issue the past couple of days on my Moto X Pure. I've been searching around and found this topic.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Same here, but I think I notice it happening more when Doze is activated. When I woke up this morning, there were no email notifications, so I refreshed my inbox and all my mail came thru. I'm getting notifications now because I've been using the phone, but if it sits idle long enough for Doze to kick in, then I get no notifications.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
The thing is I didn't see this happening immediately after Android M. It's been happening the past few days. I'm thinking of using the Battery Optimization menu to exclude Gmail, but I'm not sure if it will make a difference.

CobaltDragon

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I just realized this is happening for my yahoo mail (using the yahoo native app), too. I just opened it after having gotten no notifications for new mail for several hours... There were 3 new mails in there all from at least a couple hours ago.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49