Ear piece volume in calls

davidank

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with low volume from both the loudspeaker and or non loudspeaking earpiece when on a phone call? I can hardly hear the person, I have to strain its so darn low. I am rooted and on a rom I don't see how that should affect things but I can barely hear anything. I tried different ROMs, chroma, etc etc and same thing. Tried apps to boost ear piece volumes and doesn't boost anything. I have no problems playing music or YouTube vids its plenty loud then.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Stock here and I am okay. I do have the volume at max but I can hear them fine and they can hear me fine.

whkrems

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Searched this a lot and found no answer. Then tried uninstalling all apps that had anything to do with volume. In call audio is ok now after reboot.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Stock here and I have to turn my volume down from max to talk to most people or it hurts my ears. If the person is far away from their phone, like on a bluetooth or speakerphone, I usually have to max it out on my end but I can hear very well still. Normal calls are perfect, no issues.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
In the dialer settings there is a toggle for Voice Privacy. Try turning that off. The best I have always been able to tell, "voice privacy" = "turn ear piece volume down".

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I talked on the phone for about an hour a day. I'm almost always outside with lots of noise in the background from equipment running. Not only is the volume funny loud or me on the ear piece, but the noise cancellation works fantastic. Most people on the other end of the line don't even know what's going on around me.

Via the Android Central App