BT Really Horrible!! VENT

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
What a major disappointment I am having with the BT on this phone. I thought my Galaxy S5 was bad but this is horrible. On my Galaxy I would often have to go into BT and tap connect on the three devices I have to get it to connect. But once done it would always connect. Okay. I can live with that. Once done they stayed connected during the usage period. But not on this 6p. I have had my Plantronics ear piece drop constantly. I constantly have to tap on the device to connect in settings. Asus Zenwatch disconnects all the time. I thought the issue with Plantronics may be because it was BT 2.0. So I got a brand new Jabra (Stealth) 4.0 device. Applied its firmware update and tried to pair. 6P would not see it at all. Luckily Jabra had NFC so I paired it that way. But just like my older ear piece it dropped the connection. I had to turn earpiece off and on to get it to re connect. Touching connect in settings would not trigger the connection. Also anybody notice that in the BT settings you can't tell it to scan on demand? WOW does Google need to really get their act together with BT. Very Frustrating.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm that definitely is odd -- So all your BT devices are doing this? I have the exact opposite. If I keep BT on and walk out of range / come back in range... Or if I turn my headset off then turn it back on later the phone always instantly sees it and jumps to it without me doing anything.

RTD212

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I was having a different type of bluetooth issue so I called Google and they are sending me a new phone

Posted via the Android Central App

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing it is an issue with your phone, not the 6P in general. I've had absolutely no issues with Bluetooth on my 6P.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had a ton of issues with Bluetooth also. It's only with headphones though. It connects and works flawlessly with my truck. But with headphones (have tried to different brands) the music stutters and cuts in and out so much it's unusable. I have to use my damn moto X 2014 as a music player.

If you look around a bit it seems the Bluetooth issues are a marshmallow problem, not a 6p problem. There's a ton of good help forums and xda forums about this kind of stuff.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
What a major disappointment I am having with the BT on this phone. I thought my Galaxy S5 was bad but this is horrible. On my Galaxy I would often have to go into BT and tap connect on the three devices I have to get it to connect. But once done it would always connect. Okay. I can live with that. Once done they stayed connected during the usage period. But not on this 6p. I have had my Plantronics ear piece drop constantly. I constantly have to tap on the device to connect in settings. Asus Zenwatch disconnects all the time. I thought the issue with Plantronics may be because it was BT 2.0. So I got a brand new Jabra (Stealth) 4.0 device. Applied its firmware update and tried to pair. 6P would not see it at all. Luckily Jabra had NFC so I paired it that way. But just like my older ear piece it dropped the connection. I had to turn earpiece off and on to get it to re connect. Touching connect in settings would not trigger the connection. Also anybody notice that in the BT settings you can't tell it to scan on demand? WOW does Google need to really get their act together with BT. Very Frustrating.

Same problem here with OG 360, Honda and even the free speaker Huawei sent me. Hoping it'll get fixed, otherwise it might b a short affair with the 6p.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon