Hi folks;

I've had my phone a few days and I'm feeling pretty much "settled in". Except for one thing.

The Gmail app doesn't quite cut it. I am syncing an Exchange account for work - a personal Exchange account at Outlook.com, a pop3 account and my Gmail account. The Gmail app doesn't seem quite up to the task - notifications are flakey, app seems laggy, etc.

Any recommendations for a solid email app that will easily handle multiple accounts (and multiple types of accounts) with some sort of unified inbox?

Thanks!
    12-31-2015 12:55 PM
    I've tried several Email apps for my exchange accounts, and ultimately settled on Nine being my favorite. It's not a cheap App at $10, but you can install it for free with a 2 week trial (I think it's 2 weeks).

For me, data privacy with my exchange accounts is important, and this write up helped with my choice ... http://androidforums.com/threads/ema.../#post-7051405

Nine is one of the few Apps that has a privacy statement that specifically states they do not store or share personal information.

Other popular choices are CloudMagic, Aquamail and Mailwise and I've tried each of them, but preferred Nine for a variety of reasons in addition to the data privacy issue. The list in the link above may give you some other options to try as well.
    12-31-2015 01:26 PM
    Hi folks;

I've had my phone a few days and I'm feeling pretty much "settled in". Except for one thing.

The Gmail app doesn't quite cut it. I am syncing an Exchange account for work - a personal Exchange account at Outlook.com, a pop3 account and my Gmail account. The Gmail app doesn't seem quite up to the task - notifications are flakey, app seems laggy, etc.

Any recommendations for a solid email app that will easily handle multiple accounts (and multiple types of accounts) with some sort of unified inbox?

Thanks!
    +1 for 9folders. I haven't found anything better for Exchange It is worth the money. It's constantly updated and mindful about security, my IT department was thrilled when I started using it.
    01-01-2016 09:27 AM
    Been using Nine for about a year and LOVE it!

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-01-2016 08:39 PM
    Been using Nine for about a year and LOVE it!

Yep, nine is awesome. I came from a Droid Maxx where I used the stock Motorola email app for my exchange email, and that seemed fine. When I moved to the 6p I had to find something new (I like to keep the gmail app tied exclusively to my personal email), and nine has been such an improvement. It's truly as good as my desktop outlook program, if not better.

01-01-2016 09:21 PM
    I've tried several Email apps for my exchange accounts, and ultimately settled on Nine being my favorite. It's not a cheap App at $10, but you can install it for free with a 2 week trial (I think it's 2 weeks).

For me, data privacy with my exchange accounts is important, and this write up helped with my choice ... http://androidforums.com/threads/ema.../#post-7051405

Nine is one of the few Apps that has a privacy statement that specifically states they do not store or share personal information.

Other popular choices are CloudMagic, Aquamail and Mailwise and I've tried each of them, but preferred Nine for a variety of reasons in addition to the data privacy issue. The list in the link above may give you some other options to try as well.
    Thanks for this! I been using BlueMail and didn't know how unsecured it is!

01-01-2016 09:27 PM
    The Microsoft Outlook App. It's fantastic, especially the way it sorts Priority emails from the less important ones.
    01-01-2016 11:38 PM
    +++1 for Nine. Used several other Exchange apps over the years and Nine is the best. Well worth its price.
    01-02-2016 12:00 AM
    Big fan of Aquamail. One of the few that I can actually set up to retrieve my exchange server email at work. Try the free version first and if you like it then you can get paid version.
    01-02-2016 09:00 AM
    Another vote for 9!

Just be aware that nine does not support Gmail at this time (think they stated that it is slated in the future though) so if you're looking for an app that supports both Exchange and gmail, Nine won't do it yet.
    01-02-2016 09:47 AM
    Nine is what you want. No better Exchange option available.

Posted via Nexus 6p
    01-02-2016 11:14 AM
    I have been quite satisfied with Cloudmagic. The notification tray options are better than Gmail's. Cloudmagic supports gmail, exchange, pop/imap, iCloud, etc. I appreciate that when I get a new device, I can just login to my Cloudmagic account once instead of having to manually setup every email account individually - if you have several accounts that you monitor, this is a real plus.
    justmikey likes this.
    01-02-2016 01:10 PM
    K9 is my go to for exchange emails. Works great.
    01-02-2016 01:15 PM
    Nine is awesome. Just bummed I had to stop using it when my company made Airwatch a requirement.
    01-02-2016 01:30 PM
    Another vote for nine. Have tried then all and keep coming back to it. Works great, super support and keeps getting better.

Ry likes this.
    01-11-2016 11:16 PM