Poor call quality.

lew87ys

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I am getting this problem where i have been told by people on the other end i sound far away/ muffled and very quiet when making a normal phone call. I can here them fine and I have tried calling different phones with full signal and even a landline and they still say I am very quiet or muffled. The only phone out of loads I have tried to ring that I sound fine on is my mothers nexus 5. I have also got people to ring me off of my 6p and I listen on their phones so I can hear it for myself and I can confirm I do sound very poor quality but again it sounds fine when the 6p rings the nexus 5
I read online that if i cover the hole (noise cancellation mic?) on the back above the fingerprint scanner it would fix it but when i do thay no one can here me at all.

Is this effecting all phones or a large amount or just a small amount? i ask this because i am thinking of returning and getting a new one but i dont want to go though returning a new one if they are all or the majority of phones are affected by this problem.

Can this be fixed with a firmware update? (i have installed the latest one and it doesn't fix it even though people said it has) or is it a hardware fault and i will need to get it fixed or replaced?

My build date is 30th october 2015 and i received it on 24th december.

Thank you.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've only had my 6p for a week and having no voice issues. That was the first thing I checked for when it arrived and was activated.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I was going to say make sure you are NOT covering the noise cancelling mic on the back of the phone.

No issues here. In fact, great call quality. You may have a lemon.

lew87ys

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps I will return this one and get another.

I was hoping it could be fixed through a software update as my phone at the moment has a perfect screen, the two speakers are the same volume and the headphone volume is very loud where as other people were complaining about that.

Hope I can get a device as good as the one I have now and better call quality on my next one.