Inbox not auto syncing

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I use Inbox as my email daily driver and it's been great, but recently I have to manually refresh to receive emails. Is anyone else having this issue?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If your phone was dozing (like when you first wake in the morning), you may have to wait a few minutes for it to auto-sync on its own. I have noticed that with other email clients.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Even with doze, it used to auto sync. I would get my email as soon as they came in, but that isn't the case any longer.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
If your phone was dozing (like when you first wake in the morning), you may have to wait a few minutes for it to auto-sync on its own. I have noticed that with other email clients.
I think you're right, I think it is doze related. I just noticed that when I'm using my phone actively, I do get notifications.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Guessing it's server-side and they made a change in GCM that busted things up a bit. It's widely reported, which should speed up a fix.

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
I sent myself an email 15 minutes ago and neither my Moto G (L5.02) or Nexus 6P (M6.1) received a notification from Gmail or Inbox. I manually checked the message on the N6P, but it still appeared as "new" when I checked it on the Moto G. Very annoying.

Posted via the Android Central App

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes with Yahoo mail for a couple of weeks now. No notifications, then I load the yahoo mail app up and I have a bunch of new emails. I was chalking it up to the crappy yahoo mail app that I've had issues with for years.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463