Can the fingerprint sensor do more?

gamesnepal

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
May be when more and more phones have fingerprint sensors then service providers and vendors can bring in authentication features using the fingerprint to their phone. It would cool now if someone pointed me to an app that allows us to configure what happens when we scan different fingers.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I suggest you contact the developer. As the others of us have discussed, it's not as simple as "fingerprint is available so any apps that have logins can now use the fingerprint". The developer needs to specifically incorporate the fingerprint API into their app and utilize for the login.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I suggest you contact the developer. As the others of us have discussed, it's not as simple as "fingerprint is available so any apps that have logins can now use the fingerprint". The developer needs to specifically incorporate the fingerprint API into their app and utilize for the login.

If that is a response to my post then I think there was a misunderstanding. The password manager app that I am referring to has already included the fingerprint API and I have been using it with the fingerprint scanner on my 6P for a few weeks already.

Screenshot_20160106-124405.jpg

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Seems like pretty slow uptake IMO. I keep looking forward to this on my Nexus P but so far zilch. I have probably 10+ apps on iOS that use touch ID. Apple Pay, Chase, BoA, Amazon, Ebay Schwab, even Google Wallet on iOS uses touch ID for goodness sakes.

Snails pace here on android. Nexus imprint is nice but too bad no apps use it...while iOS has apps getting updated every day for touch ID and 3D touch...

it took months to see 3rd party apps developer support touch id on ios. we have only started seeing this more frequently in the last few months.

nexus imprint is very new and more people need to be on Android M for developers to start considering it.
if you consider this snail then touchid was also snail since i use to look for touch id features when i get an update on my ios device

Francois Roy

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
SafeInCloud Password Manager have the advantage of being a one-off payment and you're allowed ot choose the cloud service your passwords will be backed-up to.

But yeah; beside password managers (and the Play Store), not much to do with the fingerprint sensors..

mmidgley

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Password Manager SafeInCloud™ uses imprint on my 6P.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.safeincloud&hl=en&token=g930FcQx

can anyone explain how this works? i've been using SafeInCloud for a while (on Nexus 5). i had a password. now i installed on 6P. i run the app and imprint prompts, i supply a fingerprint, and SafeInCloud is unlocked. i thought my password was required to decrypt the actual data. does imprint somehow store of copy of the password and only retrieve it for SafeInCloud to use when it discovers a correct fingerprint?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Nine (email) uses it and it works great. I keep a pin on the nine app for my work email and the support of a fingerprint to unlock is very convenient.

jboogie1289

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
Bank of America allows you to use the Fingerprint as a Login method, but that's only good if you bank with them. Not sure about other Financial Institutions.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I'd be happy if you could use the fingerprint sensor to scroll up and down a page. Or even a joystick for a game might be useful. Maps...theist goes on. Do it Google!

Posted via the Android Central App

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Bank of America allows you to use the Fingerprint as a Login method, but that's only good if you bank with them. Not sure about other Financial Institutions.

BofA only works with Samsung phones currently. They will update at some point though.

bpschoon

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
USAA just updated their app to allow Nexus Imprint login. Very happy customer here, especially coming from an iPhone 6s+

T72018

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering, is there a lot of apps that you can use the fingerprint sensor on to say log into apps and things of that nature. I asked because Touch ID allows you do so much with the fingerprint. I know it depends on developers but what does the 6P and the fingerprint sensor bring on the level of apps?

Cant Miss

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Google's Imprint API is pretty simple to implement, it just hasn't been around for long. And the number of folks running MM is quite small in the grand scheme of things.

We'll see more support as time goes on.