How's the battery life?

XCalibration17

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I am in the market to buy a 6P soon. I am just wondering how the battery life is compared to a Galaxy s6 Edge? My Edge that I have now is atrocious. This morning it used 47% in 3 hours and it was just sitting in my pocket. I'm hoping the battery life is much better. Thanks!

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Amazing. 6 hours+ screen on time with web browsing, videos, texts, etc. A lot better than my note 4 and even my note 5

Posted via the Android Central App

Aveda Rose

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Same thing! My Galaxy S5 (every since I updated to Lollipop) lasts maybe 7 hours on standby mode (3-4 hours if I use it occasionally)...I'm at my wits end when it is on 1% battery life whenever I need to use the phone and have it run out on me...I am deciding between the Nexus 6P vs. iphone 6s plus...and the deciding factor is the battery life.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Now that I've had the phone for months, the battery life is utterly phenomenal. I have taken a screen shot before I charge the phone each time for record keeping, and my standard, reliable, battery life is 60-72 hours of indiscriminate usage (tons of group chats, photos, bluetooth, browsing, emails, Chromecasting, etc.) with an average of 3.5 hours of screen-on time over that period. The phone loses 1% at night every time I sleep for 8-10 hours, and I begin the next day with the same charge as I went to bed with. It blows the 6S Plus out of the water for battery life if that is your comparison, I have friends that use it and are jelous of my 6P's battery life. Also remember the 6P charges in about an hour, the 6S+ *STILL* has no quick charging, Apple is probably saving that for the iPhone 7 so they can call it "all new". Screen & speakers on the 6P also are far better than the 6S+, and the camera is a bit better too.

Aveda Rose

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
Woah! only loses 1% at night? My current phone can go from 85% to 11% overnight (as what happened yesterday)..and the 6p lasts 60-72 hours??....is your phone just an anomaly or are all nexus 6p this great battery-wise? I think you might have be sold...as soon as the gold nexus 6p is out I'm gonna order one.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
Woah! only loses 1% at night? My current phone can go from 85% to 11% overnight (as what happened yesterday)..and the 6p lasts 60-72 hours??....is your phone just an anomaly or are all nexus 6p this great battery-wise? I think you might have be sold...as soon as the gold nexus 6p is out I'm gonna order one.

Yup, 1% every night, no exceptions. It's because of the "Doze" feature.

There is nothing special about my phone, most people praise the phone's battery life. If you have a rogue app, abnormal usage, or something else outside the norm, yes it might end up being less but I am not exaggerating the battery life of my unit. Really heavy users probably see closer to 48 hours, but that is still exceptional. You will get less battery life if your screen-on time is a lot more than mine (I do about 3.5 hours between charges), but regardless of your screen usage it will still be better than the alternative under the same conditions. If battery life is a primary consideration I don't know of any flagship phone that can outlast the 6P.

Regardless, the speed at which it charges makes it even more of a non-issue if you end up using the phone non-stop and killing it in a day.

I also think it's important to note that your current phone going from 85% to 11% overnight is not normal either :) Most phones will be better than that haha.

unclefunbuckets

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I lose only about 2-3% max overnight every night. And I'm still on the Note 3.

I bought the bigger battery. 6400. With mild use I get just over a full 2 days.

I sure wish I could replace the battery on the 6P. I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Posted via Android Central App

Aveda Rose

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
I know it's abnormal...but ever since I upgraded the system from kitkat to lollipop that I started having these terrible battery problems with my S5....it's a great phone otherwise, but I am so ready to dump it just b/c of this battery issue.

Trader05

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is nothing like above. It is good though, can get me through a day and I charge every night.

During 8:30am-6pm through work my phone goes through about 30-40% (depending on usage). I have gmail and outlook email clients, my signal is strong through AT&T LTE and I rarely text during the day. Bluetooth on for streaming music in my car, wifi off, 30% slider with brightness and gps on high accuracy.

At night 6pm-11:30pm, this is when my actual usage goes up and I usually end the night out on average of 15% left. Best I had was 30% the other night.

My phone really shows battery drain when you actually use it, particularly with texting (using stock google messenger), i can see it drain.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I've been consistently getting 6+ hours SOT since getting the phone almost a month ago. My peak time has been 7:40 SOT. Granted, I've toggled off or disabled almost everything I could, but have used things as needed.

Posted via the Android Central App

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is nothing like above. It is good though, can get me through a day and I charge every night.

During 8:30am-6pm through work my phone goes through about 30-40% (depending on usage). I have gmail and outlook email clients, my signal is strong through AT&T LTE and I rarely text during the day. Bluetooth on for streaming music in my car, wifi off, 30% slider with brightness and gps on high accuracy.

At night 6pm-11:30pm, this is when my actual usage goes up and I usually end the night out on average of 15% left. Best I had was 30% the other night.

My phone really shows battery drain when you actually use it, particularly with texting (using stock google messenger), i can see it drain.

Yep, my battery life is pretty consistent with this. I don't get the magical SOT that others get. I never really have on any phone so I think it just comes down to me being a heavier user. I basically get about 16 hours of use which is still better than any other phone I've used. I could get through the entire workday comfortably without charging without significantly changing my usage patterns, including gaming. This is the first phone that I could say that about.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
battery life is awesome. gets me through a whole day with 15-20% to spare. consistently get 5 hours SOT, sometimes less with heavy gaming. only lose 2-3% overnight cause of doze.

I keep brightness extremely low, which is what I prefer as I have sensitive eyes. black wallpaper, dark backgrounds when possible, a strong signal courtesy of VZ, no widgets and no rogue apps.

Best part is even if I'm low, and want to go out after work, or hit the gym on a low battery, 20 minutes quick charge gets me to 40-50% and I'm set till the next day.

gaming does cause it to drain pretty fast, but with my settings and usage patterns, this thing is a beast. Huawei/Google nailed it this year. approaching 3 months and I still find myself just staring at it sometimes.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm only on my second full day and hoping for better battery life. My Samsung S6 was even better than this 6P. Hoping it needs a few more charging cycles to get it's groove on. Charged it to 100% at bedtime and left it on with the do not disturb feature activated and it lost 6% overnite. Not the 1 to 2% folks are saying they get. That's not a big deal, But having to charge before the day is out is. I'll be giving it more time for sure to settle in, but if it doesn't I may not keep it. One BIG reason I got it was for the BIG battery. Got a Moto X Pure coming in a few days. After a comparison test one is going to go back. The Moto has a smaller battery for sure but not as small as my S6 which went all day long everyday and by 20 to 30% battery had given me 5+hrs of SOT. With Doze and Marshmallow I was expecting more. My S6 is still on Lolly.

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
My battery life is excellent, especially when using doze. With an average of about 20 minutes of calls, about 20 minutes of podcast listening via bluetooth, 15 minutes of reading and infrequent email checking throughout the day, I'm usually at about 47% at 10:00PM (after unplugging at 7:AM).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol