01-12-2016 02:57 PM
30 12
tools
    I can say I get pretty good life and have not disabled a thing. I have all syncs going and I am a heavy mobile data user. Honestly one of the biggest drains is cell signal. If you spend time in a weak area that can cause havoc on your battery stats.
    I would never say that the 6P has bad battery life, because it doesn't. I used one for a few weeks and I never once thought it was bad. I did have to sometimes monitor it later in the evening to make sure it made it all night, or had to plug it in for a bit for some extra juice, but it definitely wasn't bad - and in fact, it was very good. But for someone to say that the 6P blows the iPhone 6 Plus or 6s Plus battery life out of the water is complete BS, at best. I've been off the charger on my 6s Plus since 6:30am (it's now 9:45am) and it is still sitting at 100%. I have been using it, too. I have bluetooth, location services, wi-fi, background app updates, etc. turned ON and this battery lasts and lasts. I seriously went to bed last night after 16+ hours off the charger with 65% left. There is NO WAY I would have gotten that on my 6P and never did when I had it.
    01-12-2016 09:48 AM
    Yeah, have tried several 6P's and none has come close to getting the battery life of my 6S+. I'm assuming those that get great life from the 6P battery - which I never did - must disable or deactivate a slew of items.
    I keep everything on. Google Location Services are at full blast and as I use Now heavily, it's off doing its thing morning noon and night. I leave Bluetooth on most of the time so I don't have to bother toggling it when I get in my car (so count a couple of hours of streaming Pocketcast) or turn on my headphones. I don't toggle WiFi, GPS, background data, even Google Fit's keeping track of my steps. And I have zero complaints about the battery performance. I'm a 'charge early and often' kind of user, so I rarely ever let it go down too low. But over the course of a day... maybe 18 hours off the charger, I'm usually showing 3 or so hours of SOT and the battery sitting at 50% or so. If I did a churn and burn and jumped on the thing straight off the charger, I could push it well over 7 hours of screen time in a given day before it'd drop below 10%.

I'm also awash in strong signals. T-Mobile upgraded the hell out of my area lately and I have a decently LTE signal from the time I leave my house until I get to work. Strong Wifi in my office and at home... and I even have an LTE booster at my house from when before T-Mobile updated the towers near my house... the signal bar in the stock battery tool rarely strays from green.

But for someone to say that the 6P blows the iPhone 6 Plus or 6s Plus battery life out of the water is complete BS, at best.
    Battery usage is very volatile. Per user, per device, it changes. I always try to warn people when they make statements like the two above ; Don't make the mistake of assuming everyone else's experiences match your own.
    01-12-2016 09:49 AM
    I keep everything on. Google Location Services are at full blast and as I use Now heavily, it's off doing its thing morning noon and night. I leave Bluetooth on most of the time so I don't have to bother toggling it when I get in my car (so count a couple of hours of streaming Pocketcast) or turn on my headphones. I don't toggle WiFi, GPS, background data, even Google Fit's keeping track of my steps. And I have zero complaints about the battery performance. I'm a 'charge early and often' kind of user, so I rarely ever let it go down too low. But over the course of a day... maybe 18 hours off the charger, I'm usually showing 3 or so hours of SOT and the battery sitting at 50% or so. If I did a churn and burn and jumped on the thing straight off the charger, I could push it well over 7 hours of screen time in a given day before it'd drop below 10%.

I'm also awash in strong signals. T-Mobile upgraded the hell out of my area lately and I have a decently LTE signal from the time I leave my house until I get to work. Strong Wifi in my office and at home... and I even have an LTE booster at my house from when before T-Mobile updated the towers near my house... the signal bar in the stock battery tool rarely strays from green.

Battery usage is very volatile. Per user, per device, it changes. I always try to warn people when they make statements like the two above ; Don't make the mistake of assuming everyone else's experiences match your own.
    But didn't you just do the same thing?
    01-12-2016 01:28 PM
    Do you like Android? That's important. Are you willing to switch away from iOS? If so, yes, the 6P is awesome. Me personally, I don't like iOS so the decision to go Android was the way to go.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-12-2016 02:05 PM
    But didn't you just do the same thing?
    well, no... I was just passing along my experience as a user who gets really good battery performance and doesn't turn anything off.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-12-2016 02:57 PM
30 12