01-12-2016 02:57 PM
30 12
tools
    To be honest, didn't even know the phone existed until 2 weeks ago when I bought one for my wife's cousin (who lives in Mexico).

I must say, I'm impressed about the phone. I have a 6+ currently which I like, but I've had many android phones in the past.

I'm on the fence about purchasing it because I'm curious as to how well the battery life compares to the 6+ (those who can make that comparison) and also due to the BT car issues. I have a 2013 accord SE, so I'm hoping there would be no problems.

Any input would be great.
    01-04-2016 09:16 PM
    I'd say the 6+ is about 20% better but it depends how you use it... I love both phones personally but since I wireless tether so much its better for me to have the 6p

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-04-2016 09:26 PM
    I'm on the fence about purchasing it because I'm curious as to how well the battery life compares to the 6+ (those who can make that comparison) and also due to the BT car issues. I have a 2013 accord SE, so I'm hoping there would be no problems.
    I have to differ from the previous post. My dad was visiting over the holidays with his 6+ and I would say we had similar usage. I think the 6P had better battery life and I attribute most of that to doze - which is working great for me.

As for bluetooth car connectivity, you'll find threads reporting a wide range of experiences on a litany of car models. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone can guarantee it's going to work for you. I guess you would have to buy it, try it and return it if it didn't work with your car. This is a big fail on Google's part.
    01-04-2016 11:12 PM
    The good thing about that is you get a full refund from Google if you buy it from the play store and decide within 14 days you don't like it, so really there's nothing to lose. I would say buy it, use it, especially in your car, and make the decision then. As far as Android phones are concerned, you would be hard pressed to find a better example of what Android is all about than the 6p.

I'll add my battery experiences: I cannot speak for the 6 plus, but a typical day for me is email, texting throughout the day, listening to music via Bluetooth in my car for about 2 hours, browsing a few random websites, checking social networks, maybe an average of 1 YouTube video a day, and I typically put it back on the charger at night, after about 18 hours of usage, with ~30% battery left. A heavy media user can probably kill it before those 18 hours, but for most it easily manages a full day.
    01-05-2016 12:08 AM
    I have several friends with iPhone 6 Plus and 6S Plus, the 6P blows them out of the water for battery life and I would credit Doze for most of that (the 6P also has about 500 more mAh to work with). They charge their phone at the end of the day with the iPhone, the 6P is good for 48-72 hours depending on usage. It's hard to make truly accurate comparisons though as everyone's usage is a little different. If you use an enormous amount of screen-on time you can kill any phone in a day. If you use the phone "normally" the 6P wins hands down.

Also consider that the 6P charges in about an hour, the 6 and 6S have no quick charging at all, and it takes WAY longer. The 6P is the first phone I've owned where battery life has simply not been even the slightest concern. The stamina combined with the charging speed covers all the bases.

As for Bluetooth issues, it's impossible to say. Some vehicles are picky, some aren't. Sometimes an update comes that makes it better, sometimes worse. It's the same for every phone.
    01-05-2016 12:30 PM

Also consider that the 6P charges in about an hour, the 6 and 6S have no quick charging at all, and it takes WAY longer. The 6P is the first phone I've owned where battery life has simply not been even the slightest concern. The stamina combined with the charging speed covers all the bases.
    Just a note here...although there is no quick charging feature, if you have an iPad charger (not an iPad mini charger, mind you), or don't mind purchasing one, you can get the 6/6s/6+/6s+ to charge pretty quickly.
    mumfoau likes this.
    01-05-2016 01:07 PM
    My fiance has a 6+. We use the same WiFi at home and both of us have WiFi at work. We are both on Verizon. She can never get through a day without charging; typically has less than 25% after 8-10 hours. I typically end my day with over 40% battery left, which is about 12-14 hours on a normal day. While I can't give a detailed usage comparison, I know that she doesn't use social media (unless Pinterest is considered social) whereas I use Twitter and Facebook frequently throughout the day. We both play games occasionally and based on our Verizon bill, she texts about 10% more than I do.
    01-05-2016 01:50 PM
    If the budget is no problem, then go for it. I gave up to the hype and finally requested someone to bring the phone halfway around the globe for me. A month of waiting for it was not so great but now I'm enjoying it.
    01-06-2016 03:49 AM
    I have just made the jump and ordered a 6P. I purchased the 5x back in early December and despite being a good phone it was let down by a weak battery and the design just felt a little too cheap.

The 6P from all reviews I have read is the best Android phone at the moment, fantastic built quality, top specs, big battery and of course stock Android 6.
    01-06-2016 07:45 AM
    Get the 6p ive had the phone for over 48 hrs great phone, great battery life, I want to say its the same size as the 6s plus but at a much better price point. I got the 32 gb for less than $500 which isnt bad at all when you think about the quality and its bloat free
    01-06-2016 12:43 PM
    Get it. I was in the same boat , trying to decide between this and the Moto x pure. Best phone I've used last year for sure
    01-06-2016 01:07 PM
    I think the 6S+ is a 2 day battery where as the 6P is like a 1.5+ battery. So realistically, yeah, the 6S+ has a better battery, but most of us charge every night and both devices can survive heavy uses.

That being said if you're in the US, for the price, go with the 6P every time, because it's a LOT cheaper in the US.
    mumfoau likes this.
    01-06-2016 09:12 PM
    I have several friends with iPhone 6 Plus and 6S Plus, the 6P blows them out of the water for battery life and I would credit Doze for most of that (the 6P also has about 500 more mAh to work with). They charge their phone at the end of the day with the iPhone, the 6P is good for 48-72 hours depending on usage. It's hard to make truly accurate comparisons though as everyone's usage is a little different. If you use an enormous amount of screen-on time you can kill any phone in a day. If you use the phone "normally" the 6P wins hands down.
    Your 6P does not blow the 6S+ out of the water on battery life. I enjoy your optimism though, and glad you love your 6P.
    01-08-2016 11:55 AM
    My fiance has the 6s plus and I feel both phones are about the same. I prefer the 6s plus LCD over the 6p amoled, personal preference. Bluetooth was fixed for the 6p with the last update, battery life seems even for both phones.
    01-08-2016 07:24 PM
    My fiance has the 6s plus and I feel both phones are about the same. I prefer the 6s plus LCD over the 6p amoled, personal preference. Bluetooth was fixed for the 6p with the last update, battery life seems even for both phones.
    As an owner of both devices, I wholeheartedly agree with this.
    01-08-2016 07:28 PM
    same here, on the fence about getting a 6p. ive been solid android user since 2008 and it always frustrated me with the low speaker volumes, lag and terrible battery. gave up a few months ago and got a iphone 6s. love the device but im bored with no customizations. i wanna get the 6p but the reviews are very mixed.
    01-10-2016 09:29 AM
    same here, on the fence about getting a 6p. ive been solid android user since 2008 and it always frustrated me with the low speaker volumes, lag and terrible battery. gave up a few months ago and got a iphone 6s. love the device but im bored with no customizations. i wanna get the 6p but the reviews are very mixed.
    The 6P is a great phone, idk where your seeing mixed reviews, but this phone is the best Android phone to come out in 2015! Battery life is great, no lag, since it's a nexus quick updates. Can't go wrong really.

01-10-2016 09:52 AM
    The 6P is a great phone, idk where your seeing mixed reviews, but this phone is the best Android phone to come out in 2015! Battery life is great, no lag, since it's a nexus quick updates. Can't go wrong really.

never heard of lag issues but battery life is very mediocre from what im reading on xda and the other sites. also low volume and wakelocks from play services. thats why im on the fence.
    01-10-2016 10:16 AM
    never heard of lag issues but battery life is very mediocre from what im reading on xda and the other sites. also low volume and wakelocks from play services. thats why im on the fence.
    I have all syncs on and this is my typical overnight usage - no wakelocks. I'd have to say those people there must have something else going on (rogue app) versus just play services otherwise I'd be seeing the issue as well.

The little bit of awake within the picture was me on the forums before bed.
    Attached Thumbnails On the fence about purchasing the 6p-1452443768914.jpg  
    smooth3006 likes this.
    01-10-2016 10:36 AM
    The issue with wakelocks has been with Marshmallow, not the 6P. There have been a few popular apps that were slow to be updated for Marshmallow that caused the phone to stay awake. Most of those have been corrected but a few are still having issues; for example, the last I tried GasBuddy it was still causing frequent wakelocks (though not constantly keeping the phone awake, like before). I've had the exact same issues on my Nexus 5 with apps that cause wakelocks as I have on my 6P. It seems part of the problem has been the slow rollout, other than on Nexus phones, of Marshmallow.

I've not heard many complaints about low volume, other than with headphones. Even then, it seems mixed, many seem to have no issue at all with headphone volume. Not sure if it is that it is loud enough for most, but not all; if it is just an issue on some 6Ps, or if it is an issue with some headphones that require more power to drive them.
    01-10-2016 10:50 AM
    Just got the 6P girlfriend has the iPhone 6 Plus. Battery wise for the past week averaging 16h 43m and 4h 38m, I do have wifi on at work but my cell service isn't great I am in a basement. My girlfriend does use her phone a lot more than me and when she gets home or even at work she is charging her phone while I charge mine when I go to bed.

I have a 2016 Acura and the BT works fine music and phone wise. I will say Honda/Acuras BT normally is crap since I used to have a 2010 Accord Coupe and I never used BT because it was so bad.

Software wise this is the first Android that fluidity wise can hang with an iPhone. The camera is very good probably S6 quality but defiantly a tad step down from a 6S. Honestly I got this phone because I started to hate my S6 and previosuly had a iPhone 6 so getting a 6S wouldn't be a huge upgrade for me plus a 64GB 6S is $750. I am really waiting for the iPhone 7, so in the meantime a $500 Nexus is more than I need.
    01-11-2016 11:48 AM
    Low speaker volume defiantly an issue with certain sources like Netflix and Youtube, 1%-50% almost silent. Lagging I have no issues, first Android that can hang fluidity wise with an iPhone. Battery isn't amazing but competitive for its class, getting shy of 17h total time and about 4+h on screen time.
    01-11-2016 12:02 PM
    Bluetooth issues are what have kept me away. I went with a 6s Plus for now. I love the phone, no real issues, but I'm already bored of the lack of ANY customization.

And to the guy who said a 6P blew the 6s Plus battery out of the water: what are you smoking and where can I buy some? I had a 6P, it has very solid battery life, but I went to bed with little more than 20% every night. I'm about to get some shut eye and my 6S Plus is sitting at 66% after 16 hours off the charger.
    meyer and newsman787 like this.
    01-11-2016 10:41 PM
    Bluetooth issues are what have kept me away. I went with a 6s Plus for now. I love the phone, no real issues, but I'm already bored of the lack of ANY customization.

And to the guy who said a 6P blew the 6s Plus battery out of the water: what are you smoking and where can I buy some? I had a 6P, it has very solid battery life, but I went to bed with little more than 20% every night. I'm about to get some shut eye and my 6S Plus is sitting at 66% after 16 hours off the charger.
    Yeah, have tried several 6P's and none have come close to getting the battery life of my 6S+. I'm assuming those that get great life from the 6P battery - which I never did - must disable or deactivate a slew of items. That's not something I want to do - nor do I have to do it with my 6S+.
    meyer and newsman787 like this.
    01-12-2016 07:01 AM
    Yeah, have tried several 6P's and none have come close to getting the battery life of my 6S+. I'm assuming those that get great life from the 6P battery - which I never did - must disable or deactivate a slew of items. That's not something I want to do - nor do I have to do it with my 6S+.
    I can say I get pretty good life and have not disabled a thing. I have all syncs going and I am a heavy mobile data user. Honestly one of the biggest drains is cell signal. If you spend time in a weak area that can cause havoc on your battery stats.
    01-12-2016 09:19 AM
30 12