I used the 5X for awhile and loved it. I am still debating about trying out the 6P. I am fine with the size since I also have an iPhone 6S Plus.

For those that have used the 5X and 6P, what are you thoughts? My 5X was great but did have some things that annoyed me. It did lag a bit from time to time. Nothing horrible and still faster than any other manufacturer I've used (Samsung, LG w/ skin, etc...). The build was kind of not the best with the buttons being very loose and not solid feeling. The screen real estate did take a bit getting used to after I used my iPhone. The speakers were bad.

So for those who have used both, let's hear your comparisons and your overall thoughts of using one over the other. I am leaning towards the Frost model right now. Had the ice model of the 5X.
    01-06-2016 10:48 AM
    i brought both, the graphite nexus 6p for myself & a spigen rugged armor casr

& the blueish / green nexus 5x for a partner in crime & the default grey case from google..

let's speak on the nexus5x, coming from the nexus 5 (which has been replaced by the 6p, but worked marvelously beforehand) handling the 5x was nice!

it's profile has a slim feel & look even with the google case on it & that google grey case..

ooh my, that case makes me wish I had bought one for the 6p, it has this soft felt material in the rear, & the grey subdues the blueish / green 5x in a beautiful way, it's rear nexus imprint button's the only open clue to it true color & rhymes well....

& the 5x feels like a feather in handling *with a case*, I mean, it's an experience that you can't describe in words, just flipping the phone around in your hand makes it feel almost, weightless..

on the 6p, which I own, chumped me from it's size & weight, my 1st time owning a mobile device this large. but after getting use it it's size, I comfortably handle it daily, I've yet to drop this thing,

it's like , like Mjolnir in Thor's hand, no matter how heavy, wide, or long this 6p is, once you get use to it, it marries you.. on the weekends around the house, I take the case off, just to renew the feel & handling of it naked, it's a beauty .. the spigen rugged case for the 6p has some kind of mat finish on it's rear, with some kind of carbon strip on the top & bottom, but it doesn't add much bulge or weight to what's there already, it's a simple slip on thin rugged case, with protection room to spare creating a lip over the front, protecting the screen from frontal contact with flat surfaces..
    01-06-2016 11:33 AM
    My wife has the 5x and I have the 6p. The only difference in performance I've noticed is with the camera, especially when using HDR, where there's definitely major lag between shots. Also, switching between photo and video shooting seems to make her camera app crash every once in a while. I've had none of those issues on the 6p. Also the battery life on my 6p is better than hers is on the 5x.
    01-06-2016 11:34 AM
    I went Nexus simply for the quick updates and going non-carrier. I thought about getting the 5x but I've had bad luck on 3 LG phones, so that made my decision easier on the 6p. It's a very good phone. You won't be disappointed and I think the value is tremendous for what you get. I won't nic-pick on trivial stuff, but the major concern for me is that it's slippery. I had an all-glass Sony Z3v last year that was quite slippery, but the 6p's back is even more slippery so I def. recommend a skin or case.

It may also be too big for some, but it is the perfect size for me. It really comes down to preference and tradeoffs. The 6p has been touted as the best Android smartphone to date and I'm a believer!
    01-06-2016 12:14 PM
    I have a 128GB iPhone 6s Plus so the 128GB 6P is what I wanted to go with. Rules out the Gold but no biggie for me. I actually already had the 6P and loved it. Had to return it though because it was defective. Seeing the problems people had online and knowing that my Nexus 6P was defective is making unsure about ordering another one. I noticed the volume had to be almost maxed out to hear it comfortably. The next day I realized why. Only one speaker worked. The top didn't work at all.
    Might get another one or just grab another model with Snapdragon 820 instead (one or two months).
    01-06-2016 12:29 PM
    The 6p is like a brick compared to the 5x. I don't know I am switching back tomorrow to make sure perhaps I just have to get use to the wait.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-06-2016 11:32 PM