Setting email alerts for specific senders?

Evan Sutton

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi all--I just transitioned from a Galaxy S6 to the 6p. Love the phone, but having trouble with email.

My work is on an exchange server. On the Samsung email app, I could select specific senders as "priority," and receive specialized notifications only when they emailed me.

I can't figure out how to do anything similar, either by managing it through the gmail app, or with third party apps I've tried.

I get about 400 emails a day for work, and it's really helpful when I can tell that someone I have to answer quickly is trying to get to me. Any help greatly appreciated.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
The outstanding email app called Nine has the ability to set "VIP senders" and then configure a variety of ways that the phone should alert you if you receive an email from any of those VIP senders. It also marks those emails in your email list with a special icon.

As far as I can tell, you can only have one group of VIP senders. So, it's not like you can have one alert for "Bob" and another different alert from "Sue." It's just one group of VIP senders that you specify.

Aside from that, Nine is hands down the best Exchange email app out there. I have been using it for over a year and nothing comes close. Totally worth the price.

Hope that helps!

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's just an aside too... a tip... I receive a lot of emails each day and they are sorted into folders on the Exchange server that I can access using Microsoft Outlook on my computer. I have defined the sorting rules using Outlook.

You can tell Nine which folders to sync and have it show all emails in those folders in a combined "All Mail" folder or keep them in the individual folders. I don't sync all of my folders to my phone because I know that there are many emails that are just not going to require me to read immediately or respond quickly. It cuts down on the chaos on my phone and helps me focus on those emails that I should be aware of when I'm away from my computer.

When I get back to my computer, I have the unsynced folders there that I can attend to at that time.

Just a tip. May or may not work for you.

MNSnowman

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
In the past I used IF (aka IFTTT) so that email from specified sender(s) triggered a notification on my phone. In addition, it could trigger a phone call or a notification poor other alerts.

Kkpatel97

May 15, 2018
Visit site
In the past I used IF (aka IFTTT) so that email from specified sender(s) triggered a notification on my phone. In addition, it could trigger a phone call or a notification poor other alerts.

Can you please share the IFTTT with me. I am unable to find it. I really need this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol