For example... When we got the 6.0.1 update, I didn't read anything official about bluetooth fixes. However, I know for me that my bluetooth car connection started working. There are people reporting several different things that happened after the 6.0.1 update that I don't think were officially addressed in the update. We are getting this January 1st update now and the official Google page sites only security fixes.

Is it common for Google to include other changes beyond what is publicly stated in these updates? Or, is some of this post-update reporting just coincidence... changes stimulated by other user actions...

I've never had a Nexus before so I am not familiar with these frequent Google updates.

Thoughts?
    01-13-2016 03:58 PM
    It is extremely common for that to happen. Google usually doesn't announce most bug fixes or features and we typically find out from nerds tearing apart the code or playing with their devices in unhealthy ways. Sometimes they point out the highlights.
    01-13-2016 04:41 PM
    Yeah, one thing that drives me nuts about Google is that they aren't exactly chatty when it comes to change logs. They usually just slap "Bugfixes and performance improvements" on the update and send it on its way. There are a few sites out there than do pretty comprehensive APK teardowns, and they are usually the only way we'll get an actual list of what's new.
    Aquila likes this.
    01-14-2016 09:57 AM