Switching from Samsung N3 Questions

Alliecat61

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been using a N3 for 2.5 years. I had the original Note and used it for 2+ years also. My carrier is ATT. I'm tired of being held hostage by both ATT and Samsung - no getting timely upgrades and not being able to remove ATT's garbage bloatware w/o rooting.

My previous tablet was the 2013 Nexus 7, which I loved until the power supply on the device quit working. I replaced it with a Samsung 10.5 S on T-Mobile. The thing is a piece of junk too.

My question is what are the Pros and Cons of the Nexus 6p vs Note 5?

Secondly, does Google have a decent return program, in case you get a machine with a bad battery, speakers, or device will not pair with car bluetooth?

Third, would like to see a device in person before buying it from Google? Which stores carry the phone?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'll just take the last two since I don't have or never had a Note 5 although the most obvious differences are (1) the 6P doesn't have a pen and (2) the 6P gets monthly updates and has no bloatware.

Secondly, does Google have a decent return program, in case you get a machine with a bad battery, speakers, or device will not pair with car bluetooth?

Judging by the number of people reporting exchanges, they must have. Keep in mind that this forum contains a higher number of references to problem phones than there actually are. People come to forums for help with problems. My phone has been perfect from day one.

Third, would like to see a device in person before buying it from Google? Which stores carry the phone?

Best Buy carries the phone. You can go to their web site and see if it's in a store near you. Here in Phoenix, it's showing that they'll have it in store at the end of this month.

My sum experience has been excellent. The 6P is the best phone I've ever owned. The closest to a Note 5 for me was a Galaxy S3 which was a good phone but this Nexus blows it out of the water.

mwb1957

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I have been using a N3 for 2.5 years. I had the original Note and used it for 2+ years also. My carrier is ATT. I'm tired of being held hostage by both ATT and Samsung - no getting timely upgrades and not being able to remove ATT's garbage bloatware w/o rooting.

My previous tablet was the 2013 Nexus 7, which I loved until the power supply on the device quit working. I replaced it with a Samsung 10.5 S on T-Mobile. The thing is a piece of junk too.

My question is what are the Pros and Cons of the Nexus 6p vs Note 5?

I agree with everything you have said.
I also have a Note 3 from Verizon. My contract expires next month in February.
I almost left Verizon when the Nexus 5 came out. Buy the time Verizon was selling the Nexus 6 I already had my N3.
In Cleveland Best Buy is suppose to have the 6p in stock in stores on January 20th. Check the Best Buy Web site for your area stores.
My plan us to buy the 6p from Best Buy when I am out of contract, and have them help me with the Verizon activation.

Posted via from my Samsung Rose Gold Galaxy Note 3

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
6p and note 5 are both great phones. I know friends that left nexus to note 5 and visa versa and both are happy. I bet you will be either way you go. Pick one that feels right to you. They are both excellent phones.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with everything you have said.
I also have a Note 3 from Verizon. My contract expires next month in February.
I almost left Verizon when the Nexus 5 came out. Buy the time Verizon was selling the Nexus 6 I already had my N3.
In Cleveland Best Buy is suppose to have the 6p in stock in stores on January 20th. Check the Best Buy Web site for your area stores.
My plan us to buy the 6p from Best Buy when I am out of contract, and have them help me with the Verizon activation.

Posted via from my Samsung Rose Gold Galaxy Note 3

If you have a nano SIM in your current phone all you do is put it in your new 6P and that's it, works perfect. Within a day my online account was automatically updated to show the 6P. I have been off contract on Verizon for 4 years as I love my unlimited data plan.

Via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech