Adopted case mod

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys
I find that the Versus case and Spigen Unicorn case are great everyday cases but for things like my VR and Tripod clamp, I tens to use the Adopted case since I just want protection in case I drop it its mainly my VR that I need a thinner case.

But with the Adopted case, the volume rockers are just too easy to press and changes volume on its own when attaching it to the VR plate. This sucks and makes it difficult to use with it. Well I decided to look into the case and see what I can do.

First test
-Trimming the section that sticks out on the outside of the case. This made it better but still easy to press and change volume by accident. Not a bad start.

Second test
-Trimming the inner section that sticks out a little. It also helped but again. Still easy to pretty since all it did was add a bigger gap and any tension still presses the volume button. Eh, not for me and still needs improvement.

Third test
-Completely cut the volume section off. This is golden and worked great for me. Taking screen shots took a little while to get used to because you have to press it pretty hard. But this fixed my issue of using my VR and not changing the volume. Did a head shake test with the VR and it worked great. No issues at all.

I am not responsible if you try this and mess up your case. Please do this at your own risk!!

Step1- take a razor blade and flip the case and from inside the case, cut along the lines. Since I just cut mine, I'll show you on the power button section. See the red lines in the photo. But do this on the volume section
d2989facdc4833e58eb98b17a353a35d.jpg

Step2-I have a small pair of cutters but a nail clipped will work too and I just cut the corners and smooth it out as much as I can. Stay within those lines.

Step3-test and see if you cut enough out. If not, just take your time to fine tune the cut. This is what mine looks like.
5852a39d7feb405866674a7da6c28cb5.jpg

bcdba2f02b96eadecba5af9e1722f22f.jpg

7457ca677f002431564e953293536c05.jpg

This works great and since I cannot post a video, I will try to find a way to post a video of this.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I got the Frost clear adopted case and it is not the best when it comes to the buttons. I did get the clear spingen and this one is much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech