I've only had my 6P and am coming over from an iPhone. Is it possible to sync Facebook contacts into the phones contacts folder? It worked on my iPhone but I can't seem to figure out how to do it on the Nexus.
    01-24-2016 02:47 PM
    I'm not sure on the 6P, but the Facebook app has a setting for syncing your contacts.
    Try it and let us know how it goes.
    01-24-2016 04:58 PM
    Try the app sync.me It will do it for you. It also has caller ID, which personally I don't like, so I disabled that and just run the sync a few times and then once every few weeks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Wildo6882 likes this.
    01-24-2016 04:59 PM
    Try the app sync.me It will do it for you. It also has caller ID, which personally I don't like, so I disabled that and just run the sync a few times and then once every few weeks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    This is by far the best and easiest way to do it. Highly recommend it.
    01-24-2016 06:23 PM
    I've only had my 6P and am coming over from an iPhone. Is it possible to sync Facebook contacts into the phones contacts folder? It worked on my iPhone but I can't seem to figure out how to do it on the Nexus.
    Short answer: without rooting your phone, you cannot sync Facebook contacts to a phone running vanilla Android. There were work around that allowed you to. Facebook has gone out of their way to make sure those workarounds no longer work.

Sync.me, as suggest above, does not sync your Facebook contacts to your phone. What it DOES do, however, is sync Facebook profile photos to contacts you already have in your phone, so this is still a useful tool if you want more than a colorful orb with a letter in it for someone's contact photo. But as far as contact syncing... Sorry to say you are SOL unless you want to learn how to root and break your Android pay ability.
    01-25-2016 02:40 AM
    I find ContactSyncDuck works wonders for syncing contact pictures. It requires you to manually input the contact's FB ID (numerical value) in the Notes field. Can take a while if you have a lot of contacts, but the work is worth it, imo. It has the ability to sync your photos BACK to Google Contacts as well, which is awesome because they sync across any device you're syncing contacts with, and they show up in numerous places such as the Google Voice or Google Contacts website on PC 😊
    01-25-2016 10:24 AM
    You can try Eyecon which will automatically sync your contacts with their Facebook profiles.
    GSDer likes this.
    12-27-2016 08:28 AM