Delayed notifications from apps such as GMAIL, Hangouts etc

annaring

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
I thought this was being fixed, but I am getting delayed email notifications from my google calendar again. I have a Galaxy S6, and the pop-up notification seems to work okay but the email reminder is many hours late. What is going on here?

natezimmer

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
12/9/16 .... still having the same issue. Been trying to download all sorts of wifi keep alive apps but none of them work. Something in the low level nexus 6p OS is ignoring all attempts to keep the wifi alive. Even if under the wifi settings you set the wifi never to sleep, it still sleeps. Yarg... anyone have any luck fixing this issue?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Even if under the wifi settings you set the wifi never to sleep, it still sleeps.
Are you saying that if you look in Settings -> Battery -> History details (reached by touching the graph) that there are breaks in the Wi-Fi signal line (not accounted for by being out of Wi-Fi range)?

What OS build are you running?

Does this happen in Safe mode?

SayanDey

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Dear Friends,

Anybody still facing this issue with Gmail Notifications popping in late on your devices?

Thanks & Regards,
Sayan.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Anybody still facing this issue with Gmail Notifications popping in late on your devices?
The only time I notice that is when the phone is 'sleeping' (i.e. I haven't used it in some time and it's been untouched) - as soon as I pick it up and the screen wakes it suddenly shows all of these notifications that I've missed. Note that this is not limited to Gmail; all of the apps seem to do this.

pappy35

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I just noticed that almost all my e-mails are not tripping notifications. No vibes, no sound, no lock-screen pop-ups, and no LED. It's been happening for a while but I didn't really notice it until tonight while fiddling with my Gear S3 smartwatch. I wasn't getting e-mail notifications on it and while troubleshooting that I figured out they weren't coming on the phone at all hence nothing on the watch.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What sucks is my S7 Edge has delays, my HTC One M10 seems to be on time and my iPhone 7 plus gmail app works the best.
Ive also seen delays in deleting emails on my S7 edge. seems to not refresh right away

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I'm seeing similar the GSDer, I get a whole pile of notifications, I'd say maybe 15-30 seconds after it's been "sleeping" for awhile.
Since the update I've stopped getting my Google Voice notifications for missed calls/messages too, until I wake it up, that part is pretty frustrating, I was relying on secondary notifications on my PC/tablet/whatever...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power