Delayed notifications from apps such as GMAIL, Hangouts etc

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone getting delayed notifications on their nexus 6p? I'm receiving delayed notifications and sometimes don't even come in until i unlock the phone. I believe it might be something to do with dose.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't yet. I get a lot of emails from the forums and other things and they always show up.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I been reading tons of complaints on the Google Forums directly about this issue that a lot of people are experience.

Notifications show up such as email, but when you get the notification check the time stamp to see if you just received it or if it was hours earlier. Thank you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine are when I received them. I always wake up to at least 15+ emails (and sometimes a hangout or two depending on which one).

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought that is how doze is supposed to work. It puts your phone to a deep sleep with only certain high priority things coming in. Phone calls being one of them.
Often times when i get up in the morning when i move my Nexus 6, a few seconds later it wakes up and the notifications start.
I dindnt think email or messages were high priority.
I could be wrong.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
There is def an issue with gmail notifications coming through on time. I believe the gmail team is working on it.

Posted via the Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I use the Gmail app for three different accounts - Gmail, Comcast (imap) and Exchange. I get my notifications without any delays. The only exception being my Exchange account seems to hit about a minute or two behind my others devices. This is not limited to the Nexus 6p though as I experienced this on other devices when using the Gmail app for my Exchange account. I don't use Hangouts so I can't offer anything there. I haven't noticed any different behavior when the device has been idle for a while and presumably in Doze mode either.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree there is an issue with Gmail and they are working on it, but his last sentence is mentioning Doze..
With my phone on Doze i dont get gmail notifications. Once wake my phone up sure i get them.

digitaldroid

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
yup i have this problem with gmail and playstore notifications all the time, either gmail not updating email unless i do it manually or playstore not auto updating apps or notifying me of an app update.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
It's a problem on my Nexus 6P. The 5X works most of the time but occasionally there is a problem with push notifications.

My Samsung S5 has zero issues and all Google notifications appear promptly without delay.

For email, I switched to third party app. Those third party notifications work without any problems.

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I too am having problems with the notifications from Gmail. I think it's got something to do with doze. Cause this morning when I took my phone off charge I went into Gmail and refreshed it and 6/8 emails popped up, same for my other email accounts.

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
If it's related to Doze, one should be able to change the battery optimization setting for the affected application. This, in theory, should allow the notifications to come through when they are pushed.

Hammer9274

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
If it's related to Doze, one should be able to change the battery optimization setting for the affected application. This, in theory, should allow the notifications to come through when they are pushed.

Well, I don't think it's doze that's causing the problems. I've had my phone in and out of my pocket for the last 4-5 hours and I went into Gmail and had six messages pop up after it refreshed, so its not pushing the notices out. 🤔

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't work a lot of us tried it. The issue is due to GCM (Google Cloud Messaging) or something like that. So white listing apps and google services actually doesn't seem to help.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
And it's not just Gmail. I have problems with Hangouts notifications. Again, I loaded a third party app just for the email notifications.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone an employee from Google just updated the Nexus 6p thread that is going around in Google Groups with the following information and I thought I would post it here as well. Thank you.

"
6:32 PM
Current row
Orrin. said:
Hey Everyone,

Thanks again for your patience on this while the team investigated the issue. I’m happy to announce that a fix has started to roll out. This fix requires no action from users and will roll out globally over the next week.

Please let us know about your experiences as this fix is rolling out.

Orrin - Nexus Community Manager"

Last edited:

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone an employee from Google just updated the Nexus 6p thread that is going around in Google Groups with the following information and I thought I would post it here as well. Thank you.

"
6:32 PM
Current row
Orrin. said:
Hey Everyone,

Thanks again for your patience on this while the team investigated the issue. I’m happy to announce that a fix has started to roll out. This fix requires no action from users and will roll out globally over the next week.

Please let us know about your experiences as this fix is rolling out.

Orrin - Nexus Community Manager"
We shall see. Gmail not auto syncing is definitely annoying, but I see this problem with quite a few more apps than just gmail. Sync.me, an icloud calendar sync app, kik all fail to sync automatically and all require a manual sync to successfully refresh. I was minutes from pressing the "wipe it all off" button before I decided to Google the issue just to be sure I wasn't wiping just to have the issue again afterward. Sure glad I didn't wipe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad