Nexus 6P - 3 Months Later

thrilla23

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I thought Android Central's article of the same name was pretty good. Wanted to start a thread to see how Nexus 6P owners feel about their device after they've had it for a few months. (Sorry I haven't seen any threads started that was similar, but I only did a glance search too =P)

I still love my device like crazy and have been pretty active in keeping it fresh in my eyes, through the use of Nova Launcher, wallpapers, apps, and music.

For me, the device gives me a good balance between the things I liked about iOS and Android.

Honeymoon period is still going strong! haha

Mod Edit (to add link to article) - Three months with the Nexus 6P | Android Central

Last edited by a moderator:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I can say this is the best android ever made but in reality I will sell it when the next big thing comes out...just look at my history. Then again, I'm done with Samsung not a fan what did with the Galaxy & Note series and hTc is pretty much done. I don't know what LG is doing, for whatever reason they decided not to release the V10 up here and I wanted it too. :(

LG is my next purchase with the G5.

Anyways, I do love the 6P Huawei did an amazing job. There was a bump with the Bluetooth issue but like I said, I don't know what happened but it's all good now.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I can say this is the hardest touch screen device I have typed on. Tried stock Google Keyboard, SwiftKey, I have never made so many mistakes while typing like on this phone. Everything else is great but the moment there is another good phone, I am selling it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I can say this is the hardest touch screen device I have typed on. Tried stock Google Keyboard, SwiftKey, I have never made so many mistakes while typing like on this phone. Everything else is great but the moment there is another good phone, I am selling it.

Hm that is weird. My screen is just as responsive as my previous phones. The only one I ever had an issue with was my LG G4. It wasn't horrid but it definitely took more to get a press.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

That's extremely odd. I haven't noticed anything like that at all with my 6P.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Still loving mine, and no issues with accuracy while gesture typing on Google Keyboard.

Think it's just a super device! I also love my Nexus 9, but the 6p totally trumps it for smoothness and speed.

Postoid

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Outside of the connection issue between 3g/lte, totally happy with my N6p. Just have to toggle the Airplane Mode on and off to receive LTE on Verizon after the 6.01 update. Camera is excellent, no BT issues, music is a new experience with me on this phone! Sound is great! Screen delivers just the right amount of brightness and clarity. Battery is giving me 5+ days with 4-5hrs SOT @ -light/med use- :)

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Hm that is weird. My screen is just as responsive as my previous phones. The only one I ever had an issue with was my LG G4. It wasn't horrid but it definitely took more to get a press.

Do you think this Spigen tempered glass screen protector that I have on might have anything to do with it? shall I remove it? I am hating my phone so much I feel intimidated to reply to a message/email on the phone because of the horrible typing experience.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Overall it's a great handset. Easily the best I've ever used. I have no issues using the keyboard when Swyping. Touch typing is pretty bad with thumbs or just index finger. I do not use a screen protector.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you think this Spigen tempered glass screen protector that I have on might have anything to do with it? shall I remove it? I am hating my phone so much I feel intimidated to reply to a message/email on the phone because of the horrible typing experience.

I'd say that it may be causing the issue. I have no screen protector so that may be why I am okay.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nillikin TG (.2mm)... With it, the screen registers even the slightest touch. On a thicker one (some are 50% thicker) it may not be so sensitive.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I would be overjoyed with the 6P if 2 things could happen:
1) Fix the annoying LTE connection issue that is plaguing multiple carriers across the world
2) Give me VOLTE please!

I have been spoiled and want both of these to work flawlessly like they did on my AT&T branded Galaxy S6 Edge ;)

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If Verizon sold it they might fix the issues. As it is they couldn't care less. Keeps me away...along with price.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Right, I have another spare one, this one already has some bubbles so I am going to install the new one and see if things improve.

I removed mine cause I prefer the touch of the natural screen. No issues at all with Google keyboard. Most responsive phone I've ever owned. You'll definitely want to make sure it's not the TGSP before declaring there are response issues with the display. I've read a ton of forums/comments and you're the first person I've heard mention that issue. If the screen protector isn't the issue is contact Google, cause no way should that be an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781