files size limit?

A

AC Question

which phone would you buy?

i am torn between nexus 6p 64gb and xperia z5 or z5 premium 32 they have the same price nearly
xperia has more features than nexus
nexus gets the latest updates earlier
so what do you think is better in your opinion ?
thanks in advance :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Which phone would you buy?

Welcome to Android Central! It really depends on what is most important to you. I much prefer a phone that has minimal bloatware (from either the manufacturer or a carrier), and that gets prompt system and security updates, so I would strongly prefer the 6P. The extra features on the Xperia could probably be added or mimicked with 3rd party apps on the 6P (although that obviously depends on which feature you're talking about). And the camera, which has long been a point of criticism for Nexus devices, is now on par with other high quality smartphone cameras.

In addition, I've been persistently concerned about Sony's future in the mobile space, since it always seems that they're on the verge of pulling out of it.

A_Elshorbagy

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

thanks for your reply what i see defficient in nexus big size lake of high quality cam,radio ,wireless charging and sdcard slot

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The size can certainly be an issue if you have relatively small hands or want to be able to fit the phone more easily in a pants pocket. But considering the size of the screen, Google and Huawei did manage to make it less wide than the previous Nexus 6. I had already gotten used to the Zenfone 2, and the 6P is essentially the same width (but a bit taller).

As I mentioned above, the 6P camera is very good--it's a Sony camera module. The main deficiency might be Google Camera app, but there are certainly many other 3rd party camera options out there.

I haven't noticed any unusual cell or wi-fi reception issues (I'm on T-Mobile).

I have the 128 GB version, so I don't need an SD slot. But I agree about wireless charging--it would've been nice to have that.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

IMHO... Glass case backs are a deal breaker for me, after I shattered my Xperia Z3 35 days into the contract. The bad thing about a water submersible phone is they are completely sealed with adhesives and adhesive gaskets, so they can not be serviced or repaired.... at least not easily. Once they are opened its very difficult to re-assemble them back so they are fully water resistant. My Xperia Z3 came with a TON of bloat-ware too, far more my than the LGV10 I have now. IIRC a lot of it was the purely commercial types of bloat for retailers and the likes, and much of it could not be easily defeated or uninstalled. Not sure if the Z5 is set up the same way, but its something you should look into.

So the 6P would be my choice.

A_Elshorbagy

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site
does the internal memory of nexus 6p support files larger than 4gb
and can i download files larger than 2gb with adm using nexus 6p or not as adm needs external sd card to download files larger than 2gb
thank in advnce

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I don't know the definitive answer to either of those questions. But I've discussed the first one in a previous thread, and my guess is that the internal storage can support a file >4 GB (since internal storage is most likely formatted in ext4), but not all apps can necessarily handle a 4 GB file--e.g., video apps. In the thread I'm thinking of (which would be very difficult for me to locate, sorry), the problem was that the video app (either Google Play Movies or the stock Video app, can't remember which) couldn't play a video file >4 GB in size, even though it could be saved to internal storage. This may be due to limitations from 32 bit legacy code in the app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21