Any 6p owners consider the S6/G5/M10?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
With MWC just a couple weeks away I'm wondering if anyone plans to ditch their 6p for one.The only thing I'd trade mine for would be another Nexus, and I expect to keep mine at least until the 2017 model is released.

I have an S4 I use for work, and hope to replace it soon. I'll be using it for talk, text, emails and camera.

I'd be weary of the S7 cause of Samsung's RAM management issues. The camera would be the big draw, as would display since a lot of times I'm working outside. The G5 my only concern is software related ... LG's software isn't my taste. The SD slot and camera would be the appeal here. All things being equal I'd go with the M10 cause of Sense. The camera would have to be in the same ballpark as the S7 and G5 though.

USB-C is gonna play a big factor too cause I don't want to carry separate chargers around for the next 2+ years.

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I am definitely interested in them as I am with every company flagship but to switch nope. Still love the fast and latest software updates. Until companies get their act together in updating and supporting their devices I won't switch from Nexus or even iPhone. I just find that unacceptable. Although for a secondary device why not! I'll love to have a another little bugger on camera alone!

Posted via the Android Central App on my Frost Nexus 6P

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had so many phones I cannot count... I had an s6 edge, traded for an htc m9, then went back to the s6 only to buy my first nexus phone ever.... I will officially never leave the Nexus family. Wish I would have discovered it sooner! This phone is awesome...

Lefank

rong21

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I've had so many phones I cannot count... I had an s6 edge, traded for an htc m9, then went back to the s6 only to buy my first nexus phone ever.... I will officially never leave the Nexus family. Wish I would have discovered it sooner! This phone is awesome...

Lefank

My first Nexus as well after a few years of Samsung/LG/HTC. Can't see going back to any of those.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I wont touch Samsung or LG until they remove all the bloatware, remove touchwiz/LG skin and update their software for at least 2 years and within 1 month of new Android release

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
This phone has made me a Nexus devotee. The only other phone I'd even consider is the Moto X, depending on the battery capacity and how good their potential fingerprint technology would be.

Posted via the Android Central App

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, no temptation here. I've owned a varied list of phones, but I've come to the conclusion that the Nexus line, and everything that comes with it... Just don't have a desire to give that up. Clean UX, No disabled bands, no locked bootloaders, full access to everything...

Nexusteve

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Must agree with all the above. Coming from the s6, which is a very good phone, except for the poor battery life, and even t
hough touch wiz is better with the s6, its no where as clean as the 6p. Large QHD screen, battery, and software are the big things that matter, compared to the s6. 6p most impressive indeed!!!!

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
A small but loyal group us Nexus owners are. If I didn't need two phones I wouldn't even consider anything else, but since I'm replacing my S4 I figured I'd mix it up.

That said, there's a distinct possibility that second phone is another 6p if neither have USB-C or just come up short (pretty much a 0% chance I'd get an LG, other than their camera app, I really dislike their software).

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Nope. I won't go back to OEM Android again. Done with carriers and the slow updates. Don't like skinned Android as well. I love my 6p. Tell you the truth I will only use a Nexus or an iPhone from now on.

wrich2005

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to think htc would make a nice phone but there's always an issue of some kind it seems like. 4 mp camera, terrible battery. If they made a nexus I think they could kill it. But I'm done with Samsung I'm so tired of buying a phone and having panda pop and candy crush on it. I think it's bs and cheating the consumer.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to think htc would make a nice phone but there's always an issue of some kind it seems like. 4 mp camera, terrible battery. If they made a nexus I think they could kill it. But I'm done with Samsung I'm so tired of buying a phone and having panda pop and candy crush on it. I think it's bs and cheating the consumer.

yeah the bloat is ridiculous ... I've read HTC is in the mix for this year's Nexus (them and Huawei)

judging from the leaks, which I obviously take with a grain of salt, it looks like the HTC ditched the front logo. I'm surprised more OEMs haven't done that earlier. I mean, do any of them actually think on the small space available, we want it filled with an ugly logo? Especially since the iPhone doesn't do it, you'd think that alone would knock some sense into them.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
This phone has made me a Nexus devotee. The only other phone I'd even consider is the Moto X, depending on the battery capacity and how good their potential fingerprint technology would be.

The Moto X is no longer an option for me. Even ignoring the lack of a fingerprint sensor, which makes a huge difference in usability, Lenovo has shown they can't be trusted with software updates. This is particularly true since many models of last years Moto X aren't even getting updated to Marshmallow.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I`ve just got my 6P last week..its simply the best all round phone I`ve ever had...I`m saying this coming from an S6.There`s really not much wrong with the S6 but I sooo love the clean Android that my 6P gives,it`s just brilliant.If Google continue to make phones like this,then I`ll definately look no further

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I would buy any phone that is totally carrier unlocked & runs stock Android as long as its performance was to my needs. Right now, the N6P is the only phone that fits the bill. Hoping Google stays on this path of awesome hardware at a reasonable price like they did this year with the N6P.

Via the Android Central App