Nexus 6p STUCK in Portrait mode, will NOT AUTO ROTATE!

Chris J L

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi Everyone, so I have had this issue on and off for a a little while now, my Nexus 6p seems to get "stuck" in portrait mode and will not auto rotate, despite it being set to auto rotate in app that will allow it to rotate or even the home screen which it will do when set up in the settings. When it starts acting up, the only way for me to fix the issue is to do a factory data reset and that is annoying to have to do every time. Has anyone else had this issue and if so is there any other trick to fix it? I REALLY DON'T want to do a warranty replacement as my phone is just about perfect in all other aspects but this is driving me nuts! And if I do have to do a warranty replacement with Google, (purchased from google directly) then what is the process like and will it for sure be a refurb? I love my phone and I don't want to give it up for a refurb so if anyone has any tips, I would really appreciate it. I searched the forums for "auto rotate" and I did not come up with anything, however please let me know if this has already been discussed, thanks everyone!

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I've seen it get stuck, when that happens I go to quick settings and switch it to portrait and then switch it back to auto rotate, that always fixes it for me.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
When it gets stuck it effects both the launcher (at least Nova Launcher, I don't use the Google Launcher) and apps. It's an app that causes it, not sure which one.

Chris J L

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, that sometimes works for me but not every time. I have not reinstalled and third party apps since last factory reset, do you think it is a preinstalled Google app causing it?

And yes I mean apps such as chrome, you tube etc. As well as the home screen.

Thanks!

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had this happen to me - autorotate on etc. I used an app to find that the accelerometer wasn't responding... even after several restarts. then, one day, it just started working again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781