Verified Asurion coverage of 6p with VZW

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I just went into a corporate Verizon store and they verified that I still have the same TEP coverage on my account that I've always had, and she even went as far as Starting a claim to show that the full line of Nexus 6p colors and storage sizes are available through Insurance claims.... The deductible was only $149, which was nice as well!

I saw it with my own eyes...

I hope this helps someone!

Thanks,

Matt!

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.

Last edited:

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
nice alternative for people that didn't get Nexus Protect but want insurance, or people that want coverage for theft.

this should be brought to AC's attention so the masses know. It's a pretty big deal. I'll shoot them an email.

Yep, I already did.... thanks for looking out, I appreciate it

Last edited:

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Guess they changed their stance on this since I purchased. I really wanted to keep TEC for the theft and loss coverage but when I bought my 6p and asked Verizon if it would carry over they told me no.

Now maybe I can see if they'll let me put the TEC back on

Posted via the Android Central App

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Guess they changed their stance on this since I purchased. I really wanted to keep TEC for the theft and loss coverage but when I bought my 6p and asked Verizon if it would carry over they told me no.

Now maybe I can see if they'll let me put the TEC back on

You're in luck, VZW currently has open enrollment for insurance!

justins24

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
If I bought my phone from best buy (unlocked) can I still get nexus protection from Google?

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

I just went into a corporate Verizon store and they verified that I still have the same TEP coverage on my account that I've always had, and she even went as far as Starting a claim to show that the full line of Nexus 6p colors and storage sizes are available through Insurance claims.... The deductible was only $149, which was nice as well!

I saw it with my own eyes...

I hope this helps someone!

Thanks,

Matt!

That's a pretty sweet deal! T-Mobile, on the other hand, wanted to offer me a Galaxy S6, for a broken Nexus 6P. This was through Asurion as well.

Let that be a lesson to you folks. Your carrier even controls your insurance. LOL.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Because I'm too lazy to go to Verizon at the moment, as much as I love going in there har har har.

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

Attachments

• 4279.jpg
    4279.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 69

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Strange, the coverage was bumped off my account when I activated the 6P and stated that it was ineligible for the coverage. I can add it now via the website but the VZW rep I chatted with still stated I was ineligible.

Right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing...

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I find their reps useless for anything but the most run of the mill problems. The "computer" makes all the decisions and ime even if you have a rep on the record they will say "Sorry but in cases like this we follow the contract" which means whatever the computer says goes. If a rep gives you wrong info vzw will not stand behind it.

pheatton

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Yeah you would think the reps would all be on the same page. I added it to my account and its now showing. Just wish the app VZW is peddling wasnt so bad. The old one was great, just a simple small app that located the device and allowed you to lock wipe the phone but then again you can now do this with the Google device locator.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463