The Nexus 6P slows down a lot after a day of use

rocker1m1

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I don't have a lot of apps and did a reset the first time it started to happen which a few weeks ago when I got phone. The phone gets sluggish with use and after a day or two, becomes very sluggish with animations dropping frames here and there. Restarting the phone fixes it. Anyone can tell me what the problem might be?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Hm that is weird. I reboot mine about once a week just out of habit not really necessity. Do you have a lot of widget or something like that?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Doesn't sound normal. Have the phone for months now and still runs as fast as new. Did u reach out to Google support?

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Some options for troubleshooting:
-Run phone in safe mode
-Open Memory menu in Settings and look at your memory usage and the apps consuming memory
-Wipe the cache partition
-Wipe your app cache

Trader05

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I always tend to reboot after I update a bunch of apps, not sure if this makes a difference or not but I never have issues with slow downs.

rocker1m1

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I never use any utilities on my smartphone so no I don't have any cleaners or anti-virus software on my phone. I deleted some apps 2 days ago and made a restart and been using it ever since, so far so good but need to wait a few more days to confirm.

Thanks all for your help.

rocker1m1

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I always tend to reboot after I update a bunch of apps, not sure if this makes a difference or not but I never have issues with slow downs.
Ok, i believe I figured out what might be causing this. Every night I connect my phone to the charger before going to bed. As you all know this makes Google play to update your apps, I believe the slowness occurs after updating the apps the night before.

What I can do is try to turn off the mobile data and wifi every night while it charges and see if the slowdown occurs. If it does not for a few days, then that might be the issue.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it might be an app with a memory leak. Getting rid of any questionable apps, and even re-installing known apps can be helpful. Sounds like you're doing that.

Hope that things have stabilized for you!

rocker1m1

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Ah well, I it started doing it ever so slowly but is okay now as sometimes it automatically fixes itself. I guess I have to get used to regularly restarting the phone just I did with my S3.

Thanks

rocker1m1

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I cleared the cache partition and it helps...for now. Over at the Google Nexus 6P forums a good number of people are facing the same issue as I am.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Delete Facebook app. Since i killed that **** code i stopped having any slowdowns. The only time i restart is to deal with bs Bluetooth.

Posted via the Android Central App

rocker1m1

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Delete Facebook app. Since i killed that **** code i stopped having any slowdowns. The only time i restart is to deal with bs Bluetooth.

Posted via the Android Central App

I am doing just that now. If not, then I give up. Now I am forming habit of restarting my phone every day. Even my S3 wasn't like this, can't say I am not terribly disappointed with the phone especially based on how good the reviews said. From my experience the phone was great if you don't install much apps other than stock, when i say much i mean 5-10 more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX