Nexus 6P - Does the future support (or lack thereof) for USB C scare anyone?

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It crossed my mind that they may stop putting it in phones..... But I'm not TOO worried about it..... I love it so much, lol.

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Does the future support (or lack thereof) for USB C scare anyone?

No. I am surprised Samsung/Others didn't use USB-C on S7/edge.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

It crossed my mind that they may stop putting it in phones..... But I'm not TOO worried about it..... I love it so much, lol.

Have any phone OEMs gone back to micro SD after moving to USB-C?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Have any phone OEMs gone back to micro SD after moving to USB-C?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Great point! But it was it was clear that micro usb was the future back then....are we sure that USB C Is in the same position? I hope!

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

None of my computers have usb 3. None of my power cords are usb 3. I am thrilled Samsung eschewed usb 3. I hope they continue to. USB 3 is like New Coke - a solution where there is no problem. Heck, none of the computers at work even have usb 2!

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

None of my computers have usb 3. None of my power cords are usb 3. I am thrilled Samsung eschewed usb 3. I hope they continue to. USB 3 is like New Coke - a solution where there is no problem. Heck, none of the computers at work even have usb 2!

micro USB didnt have any problem??? the port goes bad after years of uses which forces many to replace their device.

USB type C is opening more capabilities to your phone like MIDI device support.

people who dont want to evolve speak this way... if many think this way we would still be on the CD days

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

It doesn't scare me. Eventually phones and things will move in that direction. It just won't be right away.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

I am not worried at all. Type C is the future and it will get there very slowly.

replacing Type A on PC and others devices might take longer maybe in 5-10 years
but in phones its already moving faster

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

My new motherboard supports USB 3.0 AND 3.1 and even has a native USB C port.... Groovy!

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Everything I work with and own is mostly 3.0 or above.... Only older computers don't support 3.0....anything in the past 5 years should have 3.0

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

The last two computers I bought have USB 3 but I don't know why we're discussing USB 3? Is it because the 6P isn't using the USB 3 spec/speed with their USB-C cable?

In any case, USB-C solved a HUGE problem. I don't even care about data transfer or MIDI functions... USB-C lets you insert the cable in either direction. You don't have to look at the cable or perform a little puzzle-piece maneuver when you go to plug it in. And it snaps in so satisfyingly! I love it!!!

Every single day as I plug in my phone, I pause for a moment to thank Huawei for removing those tiny moments of frustration from my life. :p

I was pretty shocked that Samsung stuck with micro-USB. And yes, that decision did make me worry a tiny bit that USB-C isn't going to stick around.

Does the G5 use micro-USB?

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Everything I work with and own is mostly 3.0 or above.... Only older computers don't support 3.0....anything in the past 5 years should have 3.0

I meant usb C. Duh.

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

No. I am surprised Samsung/Others didn't use USB-C on S7/edge.

Yep but LG did so I'm not why it's lack thereof if it's getting there. Samsung for all we know could bring in on the Note 6.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Frost Nexus 6P

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I much prefer the USB type C over the micro USB. As mentioned already,, about being able to plug it in without having to look at it

I did have one phone I had to replace because of an wore out micro USB port.

I don't think the USB type C is going to go away either

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Yea, the micro USB plug itself was so thin and short that many of the cords put so much tension on the port that the port would wear out of the cable would start to bend... Every phone i had eventually got to the point where I would have to wiggle the cord, or bite it to dent it to ensure that the contacts kept touching properly....

USB C is a welcomed, long-overdue change.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site

USB-C is the new standard, it will be the most common USB connector in the next couple of years. New computers have USB-C connectors, I put together two machines last year and both motherboards have USB-C connectors as well as USB-As. USB-C does everything that any of the older connectors do plus it's reversible. It will take time to displace the older connectors but it will happen.

dyastrab

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site

The LG G5 also now uses USB C.

Personally, I would hate to go back to micro usb. I don't miss trying to figure out which way to stick in a cord. The charging and data transfer speed of USB C are much better as well.

southflpix

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I am very happy with USB C. I ruined a few micro USB cables fumbling with them in the dark and trying to figure out the 'correct' orientation.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz