Is the size of the Nexus 6P an issue for you?

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone having trouble with the size? I love the phone it's just bigger than I thought it would be and have a hard time with it in my pocket or using it with one hand.

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Size issue

Is anyone having trouble with the size? I love the phone it's just bigger than I thought it would be and have a hard time with it in my pocket or using it with one hand.

Thanks

I don't have a problem with the size as far as using it .
The fact that it isn't as wide as another phone I have , to me makes it easier to hold and use one handed.
As far as how it fits and carries in pocket , most of the time I don't have an issue with that.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I haven't had any issues so far. I've always been a Note type person (or at least for a long time) so these sizes feel normal for me.

Trader05

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

You get used to it. I went from an iPhone 5 and it seemed like a tablet in comparison. Now I can't go back!

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I had this feeling with the Nexus 6 and got used to that. The 6P felt small the first couple of weeks, but I got used to it.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

slight adjustment but I like it. if rather have front speakers and it be tall than not have em with slimmer bezels. it's more comfortable using it 2 hands but when I need to I can send a text and surf the web no problem.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
If people don't want a big phone don't get one. It's kind of annoying reading reviews saying it's "too big". It's a big phone, let's get that out of the way first. It's like buying a sports car and complaining gas mileage sucks or it's too cramped. Now I can't go smaller than 5.5". Looking to getting a 6P... hopefully they run the $50 off promo or other discount again soon. Had considered the Nexus 6 but waited for LG G5 but I'm not digging the G5 so 6P is the winner. :)

*AT&T LG Optimus G Pro*
*AT&T iPad Air 2 64gb*

Last edited:

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
If people don't want a big phone don't get one. It's kind of annoying reading reviews saying it's "too big". It's a big phone, let's get that out of the way first. It's like buying a sports car and complaining gas mileage sucks or it's too cramped. Now I can't go smaller than 5.5" looking to getting a 6P... hopefully they run the $50 off promo or other discount again soon. Had considered the Nexus 6 but waited for LG G5 but I'm not digging the G5 so 6P is the winner. :)

*AT&T LG Optimus G Pro*
*AT&T iPad Air 2 64gb*

Lol exactly! You know the size going in, it's not going to suddenly shock you. Hell I could go larger 6" or more would be nice. When you consume a ton of media (ie: Netflix, xfinity, YouTube, etc) smaller screens just don't cut it.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
This ^. My thoughts exactly. Not everyone wants a small phone and just bc a phone is big doesn't mean it's a bad/negative quality of the phone, therefore don't use the size as a "bad" characteristic of the phone. I use my phone for a bit of everything so having a big screen for is a benefit for me. Truth be told, it's kind of boss status when I whip out my 3 year old LG Optimus G Pro and it towers (in screen size) some of the newer phones.

*AT&T LG Optimus G Pro*
*AT&T iPad Air 2 64gb*

Last edited:

Cold_Funky

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I am getting used to it. Yes, I knew it was large when I ordered but it also had everything else I wanted in a device so I bought it without ever having held one.

I think it will be better once I have a case, oddly. I have had it a couple of days and it's still naked which makes me nervous about setting it almost anywhere (can't go scratching it up too soon.) A case will make it less slippery and protect from scratching so it will ease my mind a lot. Loving the device and sure I will adjust to the size soon enough.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I did my homework on the size and on paper it is a bit bigger. After I got it it seemed bigger than I have been used. I am getting used to it. It's a great phone.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I am getting used to it. Yes, I knew it was large when I ordered but it also had everything else I wanted in a device so I bought it without ever having held one.

I think it will be better once I have a case, oddly. I have had it a couple of days and it's still naked which makes me nervous about setting it almost anywhere (can't go scratching it up too soon.) A case will make it less slippery and protect from scratching so it will ease my mind a lot. Loving the device and sure I will adjust to the size soon enough.

I've had mine for months in no case, and no scratches whatsoever. A few dings at the bottom, but ehhh no big deal.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
If size is too big get an iPhone 6. My wife loves her 4.7" screen on her iPhone 6. Problem solved :)

*AT&T LG Optimus G Pro*
*AT&T iPad Air 2 64gb*

Last edited:

southflpix

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
It's been an adjustment for sure. A large screen has it's pros and cons. In the future I would like to see 'phablets' decrease in size by utilizing more compact bezels.

Cold_Funky

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I've had mine for months in no case, and no scratches whatsoever. A few dings at the bottom, but ehhh no big deal.

This is good to know. The aluminum looks so nice I don't want to mess it up. I ordered a Supcase with the clear back hoping the edge would help my grip.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad