I preordered my 6P on day one and I've been mostly happy with it since. I keep it in a fairly protective case at all times, and I also have a tempered glass screen cover on it. However, I recently removed the case to wipe it down, and a tiny piece of glass from the corner of the front display (see the attached photo) fell off. I have no clue how this happened, since my phone is usually in its case for days at a time, and I'm extra careful not to drop it. It only has one other nick in it, and I'm not sure how that happened either. I was initially comfortable with the build quality of the 6P, but now I'm really worried that even if I continue using it carefully, it will fall apart. Has this happened to anyone else?Build Quality Issues Resurface [Nexus 6P]-img_0317.jpg
    02-24-2016 10:15 AM
    Well I don't use cases, but it looks like if you dropped the phone in the case it fell on that corner. Either that or the case was too snug and if you keep taking it out, say once a week or so, it stresses out that part of the glass and it breaks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-24-2016 10:38 AM
    Well I don't use cases, but it looks like if you dropped the phone in the case it fell on that corner. Either that or the case was too snug and if you keep taking it out, say once a week or so, it stresses out that part of the glass and it breaks.

I can't remember ever dropping it on a hard surface. I will usually toss it on my bed when I get home, but that's about it as far as it having to fall. Maybe I'm forgetting something. I considered the case being too snug as an option, but that just seems really unlikely.
    02-24-2016 11:24 AM
    I can't remember ever dropping it on a hard surface. I will usually toss it on my bed when I get home, but that's about it as far as it having to fall. Maybe I'm forgetting something. I considered the case being too snug as an option, but that just seems really unlikely.
    Probably just tossed it down somewhere. After awhile it just becomes automatic, and you don't really think about it. Kind of like if you ever owned a new car, or one where the paint looked good, and you got that first scratch. You got stressed out about it, thought maybe I should buy paint filler or something, and after a week your like 'ehh f' it'

02-24-2016 11:57 AM
    Small stress fracture during assembly? It would have fallen off long ago if you didn't have a case on it?
    02-24-2016 01:42 PM
    That could totally be it. I'm probably gonna investigate what the warranty covers. I didn't get Nexus Protect because I'm generally extremely protective of my electronics and have never needed any warranty service before. It seems more like a production issue to me.
    02-25-2016 12:27 AM