6P - $50 off promo // Will there be a price drop soon?

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm ready for a new phone (using LG Optimus G Pro from 2013). Had considered Nexus 6 but didn't get it. Waited for LG G5 but I'm not digging it. So I've decided I'm going with 6P. My phone has 5.5" screen and now I can't go smaller, if anything I would get a 6" phone. So onto my question.... any ideas when they may run the $50 off promo on 6P again or any other discount promos ???

*AT&T LG Optimus G Pro*
*AT&T iPad Air 2 64gb*

Last edited:

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Damn that would be nice. Saw a 6P in person for the first time yesterday... looks nice. I was chatting with the owner and he said he was happy with it.

*AT&T LG Optimus G Pro*
*AT&T iPad Air 2 64gb*

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I wouldn't count on a price drop before July. That's when the N6's price started falling last year. Sadly, though, the 6P has sold a helluva lot better out of the gate than the N6 because the N6 got pretty well beaten up in reviews before Google whipped Lollipop into decent shape. Google may not be in quite the same hurry to replace or refresh the 6P, unless the 820 (or some other new tech) turns out to be the answer to everyone's prayers.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I don't really think a price cut will come soon but was hoping for the $50 off promo. Finally made up my mind and I'm picking up this bad boy... I'm hoping they run that $50 off promo soon ! :)

*AT&T LG Optimus G Pro*
*AT&T iPad Air 2 64gb*

electricrelish

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
I've been thinking of getting the Nexus 6p as well for my very first smartphone ever. I haven't handled one yet but I ran into a coworker in the grocery store over the weekend and saw him pull his phone out of his pocket. The screen's high resolution display instantly drew my eye; so I asked him what kind of phone it was, and he turned it over and showed me the logo against its beautiful silver aluminum finish. I have to admit that I've been smitten with it ever since.

Still it's kind of hard to pay full price when it was just discounted this past Valentine's Day; however, there was a catch with that deal. The discount was only for the matte gold colored version and that maxed out at 64GB, which means if you wanted 128GB, you would have been paying $150 more at that time. Ouch. Still, it means that the 128GB one hasn't gone lower in price since its release, right?

It's hard not to go for the 128GB size if you want to try out the 4K video and take lots of pictures considering there's no expandable storage with the phone.

The Nexus 6 was launched in November 2014 starting at $649. After only one year, it was reduced to $350 in September 2015. A used one today ranges in price from $219 - $310 on Swappa. These phones drop in price so dramatically within such a very short time frame. I realize that a year is a long time in a phone's lifeycycle but that is a HUGE drop off. Unless of course, you want to support the product in general so it keeps getting made which is all good and welll; otherwise, how does one justify buying this phone at full price knowing it will probably drop to almost half off next year.

electricrelish

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
The Nexus 6p $50 discount has returned at the Google store and is running through March 27, 2016.

B&H Photo Video has it for $75 off but they only have the 32GB and 64GB versions; however, they do throw in a $50 gift-card.

I would love to get it from B&H but not being able to get the 128GB version or the Nexus protect are reasons to stick with the Google Store for me but it's disappointing to not be able to get that great deal. The Nexus Protect is just too important but you can't get it otherwise as far as I know without getting the phone from the Google Store.

Last edited:

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks! This. Ordered 3/11. 64GB Graphite for $474 w/ free Speck case. Can't wait !! I'm overdue for new phone. :^)

*6P 64gb Graphite Shipping*
*AT&T iPad Air 2 64gb Space Gray*
*Retiring Soon AT&T LG Optimus G Pro*

Attachments

• 103972.jpg
    103972.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 36

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes, $474 before tax, $512 w/ tax. I live in Orange County, CA

Last edited:

electricrelish

Feb 25, 2016
Visit site
Newegg has the 128GB for $50 off as well. B&H has best deals with $75 off plus $50 giftcard but only offers 32GB and 64GB phones.

Last edited:

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I saw the B&H deal too but I don't really buy stuff on there so I went with the Best Buy deal. I would have picked up that Speck case anyway so that was a good deal for me.

Last edited: