On my previous phones, I used to reboot them every so often to clear everything and "clean things out." I'm saying maybe once every two weeks.

On the 6P, I've noticed that even after you reboot, all the apps you had running in the background before the reboot are there after a reboot. Just press the app switcher button on the right and there they all are despite the reboot.

What state are the apps in after a reboot? Is there any reason to do a reboot?
    02-28-2016 04:30 PM
    On my previous phones, I used to reboot them every so often to clear everything and "clean things out." I'm saying maybe once every two weeks.

On the 6P, I've noticed that even after you reboot, all the apps you had running in the background before the reboot are there after a reboot. Just press the app switcher button on the right and there they all are despite the reboot.

They changed the behavior of the app switcher in recent versions... They no longer show running apps, it's more a chronological list of cards showing the apps that have been running...

The method changed in 5.0.

To answer your question, there's no compelling reason to reboot often. Some people have complained about slowing operation, but I've gone as long as a week between restarts... I fuss with stuff all the time, so it's rare that I get to run for several days without a boot.
    PaulQ and Laura Knotek like this.
    02-28-2016 04:37 PM
    They changed the behavior of the app switcher in recent versions... They no longer show running apps, it's more a chronological list of cards showing the apps that have been running...

The method changed in 5.0.

To answer your question, there's no compelling reason to reboot often. Some people have complained about slowing operation, but I've gone as long as a week between restarts... I fuss with stuff all the time, so it's rare that I get to run for several days without a boot.
    I made it 2.5 weeks before I had to reboot. My Google keyboard started to slow down, so I rebooted.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-28-2016 05:07 PM

I would say just do it like once a week to clear things up a bit. I do the same with my laptops.
    02-29-2016 10:31 AM
    I reboot once in a while (every two or three days) to make sure weird things in the background are cleaned out. For example, Amazon Kindle app would be on the list of battery suckers even if I have never opened the app in days.
    03-02-2016 07:56 PM