Can you change the Nexus 6P's lockscreen wallpaper?

NFOM

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked before I have just looked but couldn't find anything.

Can you change the lockscreen wallpaper?

Thank you

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if this has been asked before I have just looked but couldn't find anything.

Can you change the lockscreen wallpaper?

Thank you

I asked about this as well. I really wish you could change the lock screen to a different wallpaper. I'm using nova launcher and you still cannot do it.

Posted via the Android Central App

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I asked about this as well. I really wish you could change the lock screen to a different wallpaper. I'm using nova launcher and you still cannot do it.

Wow! I thought that you could with a different Launcher.

Sorry about that OP.

glidewells

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Try opening a picture through the file manager or gallery and see is set as gives an option for lockscreen.

Posted via Android Central App

kcrockchalk

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded Black Wallpapers from the App Store and was able to change my lock screen to one of their wallpapers.

Tomster88

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Mine works just fine, but I'm using Nova Prime.

How did you do it? . I have Nova prime but I don't see any section we can select a different lock screen wallpaper.

honestov

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I use Nova Prime on my 6P. Here's how to change lock screen wallpaper: Long press on Home Screen space to reveal desktop screens config with "Wallpapers, Widgets, Settings" at bottom. Select Wallpapers. Swipe the choices at bottom to the left and select "Apps & Themes". Select the Google Now Launcher (it's the only one I see). Note: your launcher has not changed and this only uses G Now Launcher to change the wallpapers. Select new wallpaper image from your photos or from whatever G Now offers you by swiping choices to left. After you see the check mark on the image, at the top left, press "Set Wallpaper". A menu will pop up allowing you to select the chosen image for your Home screen, Lock screen, or both. Done.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I use Nova Prime on my 6P. Here's how to change lock screen wallpaper: Long press on Home Screen space to reveal desktop screens config with "Wallpapers, Widgets, Settings" at bottom. Select Wallpapers. Swipe the choices at bottom to the left and select "Apps & Themes". Select the Google Now Launcher (it's the only one I see). Note: your launcher has not changed and this only uses G Now Launcher to change the wallpapers. Select new wallpaper image from your photos or from whatever G Now offers you by swiping choices to left. After you see the check mark on the image, at the top left, press "Set Wallpaper". A menu will pop up allowing you to select the chosen image for your Home screen, Lock screen, or both. Done.

When I select "set wallpaper" no options comes up to select on home, lock screen or both. The wallpaper gets automatically applied to both home and lock screen.

Edit- im using Nova prime as well and I'm on latest version of Marshmallow and I'm not rooted.

Last edited:

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I use Nova and could not find anywhere how to do it except I had to change it back to the stock launcher change the lock wallpaper by going to Nova set default home back to Google Launcher change then set Nova back to the default.

Nexus6Kowalski

Jun 21, 2016
Visit site
Using NEXT app....you can. in fact, NEXT changes mine everyday downloading from Bing photos.
What I like about Next is you can individually turn off lock screen notifications. like I want to see text notifications on the lock screen, but dont need to see when my tokens refill on game X.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can,this works for me using stock launcher and works on marsmallow or nougat. Press and hold any open area on your 6P screen and you`ll have 3 options...Wallpapers,widgets and settings. Select wallpapers and it will give you a selection of built in wallpapers or the my photos file...select my photos or one of the pre installed wallpapers,then press the set wallpaper icon. From there you can choose to set the wallpaper for home screen,lock screen or both...HTH ,David

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Yes you can,this works for me using stock launcher and works on marsmallow or nougat. Press and hold any open area on your 6P screen and you`ll have 3 options...Wallpapers,widgets and settings. Select wallpapers and it will give you a selection of built in wallpapers or the my photos file...select my photos or one of the pre installed wallpapers,then press the set wallpaper icon. From there you can choose to set the wallpaper for home screen,lock screen or both...HTH ,David

Someone else said it doesn't work w/ Marshmallow. I tried it and it didn't work for me (I'm on latest version of Marshmallow, using Nova prime, not rooted).

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
This worked for me as I had the same lock screen photo before and after the Nougat update, sorry I can't help you further.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463