Nexus 6P - March Security Update (Everything You Need To Know)

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Cannot update to March

So I connected to 3 different wifi and it still won't let me download the update... Suggestions?

Lefank

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
OK.... There were a couple of recent updates... MMB29V was the first one, the security update that everyone jumped on.

Then the N Preview dropped and everyone went "SQUIRREL!!!" and went and paid attention to that. But soon after N dropped, another image popped up,
MHC19I. Now, some things to note about this one... First, the build name. It isn't in line with the MMB29 builds that we were on since the 6.0.1 first dropped. Those other builds were mostly security fixes, etc... Now, the name preface changed to MHC19... which is the same as the 'big' update to the 5X builds as well.

The bootloader and radios were updated to the newer version that we saw in the N Preview.... THIS is the update that Franco is referring to. So I'm curious how things shake out to be honest. Unlike the 5X, I can't really point to any performance/stability/anything issues on the 6P... thing runs great, rarely has a FC, nevermind a reboot. Things like the camera are fast (I can get from screen off to taking a focused pic in a tick under 1.5s). So I wonder how they'd make an already great running phone run greater...

We'll see... I'm booting as we speak.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
If this fixes bluetooth and the AT&T bug that constantly switches the phone back to "H" instead of "LTE" I'll be gladly grabbing one of these phones again ASAP!

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I can vouch that the MHC build has performance improvements. Little things, like how fluid the keyboard is, window transitions, scrolling , etc.

The stock kernel has a nominal improvement in power usage.. Less used when active... Guessing maybe a 10% ish reduction. Hard to say without a lot more time.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Installed the update yesterday. The only minor thing that happened is that bluetooth wouldn't connect to my car, headphones or Moto360. I had to delete the phone from each of those devices and re-pair.

Anyone else experience this?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I got mine this morning. The phone does feel a bit snappier. That could be a result of having to reboot it for the update. I didn't have any issue with my BT headphones after installing the update.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice to finally get the March update. Waiting.......

Posted via the Android Central App

I'm also still waiting.... But this short wait IS FAAAAAR better than what we'd experience on any other BloatBrick. I don't mind waiting, I just get excited sometimes, lol....

Posted via my Nokia 8210 from the inside of a Kitten.

Last edited:

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I am still waiting for it on my 6P and Nexus 7 2013 tablet. I hope it fixes Bluetooth texting in my car.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol