Help Screen Cracked!!!!! [Nexus 6P]

Pirate Arr

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
What to do. I don't have nexus protect. It's a 128gb Frost. Should I try to sell it what are my options.

Posted via the Android Central App

Decided to document the process so that if anyone else had this same issue they will know exactly what to do and what the options are.

I'm curious if your screen worked when you cracked it

#TeamFrosty Nexus 6P

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have Nexus protect but previously used SquareTrade. I used SquareTrade when I damaged my GS4. It's a fairly simple process where they reimburse you for the repair costs (plus the deductible). With coupon codes, it was only about ~$75 at the time.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... Nexus Protect is a big must... Especially with screen replacement charges skyrocketing. Once they moved to the bonded screens (where the whole display assembly was bonded to the screen glass) you pretty much have to replace the entire digitizer/screen/glass as a single unit.

Protect is a great deal.... the deductible is, what, like $80? The insurance plans on carrier phones have really high deductibles... pretty much as much as you paid to have the screen taken care of.

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
If you are generally a cautious person I'm not so sure Nexus Protect is a must. You will pay $89 for it and if you break your screen you will pay an additional $79 dollar deductible, for a total of $170. I've had 4 touchscreen devices since 2011 (Sensation 4G, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and now a Nexus 6P as well as a Nexus 7 2012) and have never had an add on warranty, nor have I broken a phone. I realize a lot of people break their phones, but not so sure that Nexus Protect is a "must". The numbers don't really add up unless you have a track record of damaging phones.

Iphonejackson

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Just curious if you received your phone yet, and what turn around time was. I have to send mine out tomorrow for screen repair 😒

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
If you are generally a cautious person I'm not so sure Nexus Protect is a must. You will pay $89 for it and if you break your screen you will pay an additional $79 dollar deductible, for a total of $170. I've had 4 touchscreen devices since 2011 (Sensation 4G, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and now a Nexus 6P as well as a Nexus 7 2012) and have never had an add on warranty, nor have I broken a phone. I realize a lot of people break their phones, but not so sure that Nexus Protect is a "must". The numbers don't really add up unless you have a track record of damaging phones.

The flip side of this, with Nexus Protect they will overnight you a "new" (may be refurbished) phone, you send the old one back and, if your phone doesn't work, you just have that one day when you are without a phone. As was mentioned, if you have to send it to Huawei, you are without your 6P for at least a couple of weeks -- and (as was noted) some people's phone has other issues when they get it back.

EthaGod

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Just curious if you received your phone yet, and what turn around time was. I have to send mine out tomorrow for screen repair 😒

Oh yea I received it bro the turn around time was around 2 weeks. I update the first post.

queenren

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Update. I got the phone back today. Huawei did an amazing job it came back to me so clean I couldn't tell if it was a new phone or my old phone with a new screen.

Did you check to make sure that the speaker worked? Because that's how they screwed up my repair. They didn't connect the speaker/ earpiece.

EthaGod

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Did you check to make sure that the speaker worked? Because that's how they screwed up my repair. They didn't connect the speaker/ earpiece.

Yup everything worked completely. I have been thinking lately though maybe they gave me a new one and just put my IMEI sticker on it lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech