Android N Developer Preview

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey there guys

This might be a bit early to ask, but with the developer preview having just been released, I was curious if anyone was planning on flashing to it? That being said, for the people that do, how stable is the build? Im looking to flash it, but, just curious how stable it appears to be.

Evo01

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed my N9 and starting on my N5x. Don't think I'll flash my N6p. Need a reliable phone.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There was more stuff in there... the first boot screens reorganized to give more options. The animations seem slightly different, etc. I am already back on 6.0.1, so I don't know how stable. Looks serviceable though. I like the Dark/Night mode thing, that's a long time coming.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'll do it on Sunday. I don't want to break anything during the week so if I do it on a Sunday and it doesn't work well enough I'll have time to revert.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
How long did it take to boot for you?

Took a few extra minutes, but stupid me didn't flash the zip that patches the encryption toggle in the boot image, so all my internal storage files got locked up.... that took a while. natch... Glad I copied them all off just in case.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'll hold off on it for a little bit. I use my phone too much daily and I need a stable daily driver. But I night have to look into getting the Nexus 6 if I can find one for cheap.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Holy crap I want to do this... But I'm nervous... Since it would be on my daily driver lol

Lefank

I read the article on AP and they said don't use this on a daily driver. They had a Google quote on there saying this preview is for the more adventurous dev.

Posted via the Android Central App

Sean Boswell

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I think Google always advises not to use the developer previews as daily drivers but it doesn't necessarily mean you won't enjoy it as a daily driver. It's more of a precaution. I could be completely wrong though and it's of course safer to not use it. I'm trying hard to resist but might go ahead with it

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I think Google always advises not to use the developer previews as daily drivers but it doesn't necessarily mean you won't enjoy it as a daily driver. It's more of a precaution. I could be completely wrong though and it's of course safer to not use it. I'm trying hard to resist but might go ahead with it

I'm going to use it on my nexus 6 just to play around with. I had this idea of signing up for OTA's years ago. I wish they would do that for nexus devices. If you want the newest builds etc, sign up for it. I mean they let people beta new versions of the Google launcher, why not OTA's.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Damn I put it on my nexus 6 and halfway through it just says error. Now it's stuck on the Google screen and won't go past it. I've cleared cache and factory reset from recovery it still won't boot. I think the beta bricked my nexus 6 lol