Should i trade in my Galaxy S6 64gb for a Nexus 6P?

ftruehill

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
i been back and forth with the idea of getting a Nexus 6P for a few months now. Not really impress with the new Galaxy line but i still wonder is the 6P actually worth the upgrade. See alot of people are really impressed with the Nexus 6P. i know this year there will be alot of new phones hitting the market also. I'm asking, should i get it or should i wait for the next Nexus later this year? or what are your thoughts

Vikas Nanda

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I had the S6 and then then S6 Edge Plus before I came to the 6p and apart from the camera and maybe screen quality there is nothing that my 6p doesn't do better.

Vanilla flavoured Nexus 6p

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
What is more important to you, hardware or software?

If you want the very latest hardware and you don't care about bloatware and really slow software updates get the S7, it has an 820 CPU, OIS and wireless charging, the 6P has an 810 CPU, no OIS and no wireless charging although it does have a big screen and the S7 has a small screen.

If you want the latest version of Android, no bloatware and no carrier interference on the software updates (I'm looking at you Verizon), get the Nexus 6P. Everybody is very happy with the 6Ps hardware so there isn't a lot you would be giving up with the exception of wireless charging which is the one important thing they left off of the 6P. The alpha of Android N came out this week, only the bravest of souls are running it but you could if you wanted to, by this summer there wiil be a stable release of N for the 6P. Samsung won't roll out N for the S7 until next year, and they may never roll it out for the S6.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I sold my 32GB S6 for a 6P and I am very happy. The camera suits me just fine and I love not having the bloat ware. Security updates monthly. To me it was worth it.

Posted via the Android Central App

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Bought my 6P to use as my leisure phone on weekends and days off work etc. while my S6 was my daily driver.Within 2 days of using the 6P I was so impressed by the speed,better radios,better wifi and overall performance that I could never go back to a carrier based phone.Its now my daily driver/leisure phone and my S6 is relegated to being an emergency replacement in case anything was to go wrong with my 6P....this is simply the best phone I`ve ever owned.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't hesitate to get the 6P at all. The only thing that would take getting used to is the size compared to the S6. It's a phenomenal phone.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I had the S6 and then then S6 Edge Plus before I came to the 6p and apart from the camera and maybe screen quality there is nothing that my 6p doesn't do better.

Vanilla flavoured Nexus 6p

Coming from a S6, I completely agree with you on screen quality (although the margin isn't large) but I find the 6P camera an overall better experience. Even with no OIS the camera takes less blurry shots more often than my S6 did.

{Nexus 6P}

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois