Just Ordered 6P- Square Trade for insurance ?

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Just pulled the trigger on the Best Buy deal- 64gb 6P graphite with free Speck case for $474!!! Didn't purchase geek squad protection but my Amex gives me 90 days accidental protection and 1 extra year manufacturer's warranty- so I'm thinking about Square Trade insurance- have never used them. Or any other suggestions for insurance services? Wanted to get some feedback/advice. Btw- I'm excited for my first Nexus and from what I've researched, 6P is a beast !!! I'm retiring my 3 year old LG Optimus G Pro, which has been great !!! :)

*AT&T LG Optimus G Pro*
*AT&T iPad Air 2 64gb*

Attachments

• 103179.jpg
    103179.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Explicit

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Try Upsie. Far cheaper for coverage and their support responds fast, especially on Twitter. That's what I'm using for my 6P.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Congrats on your purchase! Awesome device. I purchased nexus protect from Google but I have used square trade before and didn't have any issues.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, since I purchased from Best Buy I can't get nexus protect, otherwise I would. I do want to get some type of accidental insurance- I like to protect my devices, they're not cheap. Thanks for the advice !

*6P 64gb Graphite Shipping*
*AT&T iPad Air 2 64gb Space Gray*
*Retiring Soon AT&T LG Optimus G Pro*

mmaged2287

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I have square trade. They have been great so far. I have not damaged the phone yet, but I have spoken to square trade various times via phone. They give you several options to solve your issue:1) You can send the phone to square trade. I don't recommend this, since the 6p is difficult to repair. However, if they can't fix it, they will reimburse you the actual retail price of the phone. 2) If you need a new phone immediately, they will send you a replacement. Much like Nexus Protect, you will need to send the defective phone within 7 days of receiving the replacement. Since the phone doesn't exist in their database, they will actually purchase a new or refurbished phone from either Amazon or Best Buy. I believe this is the best option. 3) You can bring the phone to a local technician and they will reimburse you the difference. This could work, but again the phone is relatively new. Only the manufacturer can actually repair the product. Hope this helps.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Good info, thank you ! This helps.

mmaged2287

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
No problem. Just remember square trade is far superior to geek squad. It was not a mistake to pass on the Best Buy extended warranty.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I never buy extended warranties, insurance, etc for my electronic stuff, only for phones. Only once in my life has an electronic gadget failed me in which I had to pay to repair- an Xbox 360. Plus my credit cards extend the manufacturer's warranty for up to 1 year. I've yet to have to make a claim on a credit card purchase. I purchased this phone with my Amex and from what I've heard they're pretty good about you filing a claim for the extended manufacturer's warranty they cover. I have yet to file a claim with any of my credit cards for something I purchased.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC