March update battery drain?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
We all know the march update included bug fixes and security updates along with performance improvements which i can tell performance is actually better. But my battery is atleast 20-30 percent worse draining very quickly. Anybody else see this ?

Posted via the Android Central App

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Got it with android N beta. Then unenrolled back to MM and now i reset everything up and battery was way better on the beat and before i got the march update 2 days ago

Posted via the Android Central App

DavinFelth

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed the same thing since the update. I didn't think to clear the cache, did that and I'm hoping that will clear it up.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I've notice my battery draining quicker as well. Before this I wasn't getting all my notifications, but now I am getting all the notifications. I'm assuming google fixed the notification issues and by doing so it drains more battery. I do miss the extended battery though :D... Regardless the battery is still wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better then my old s6.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm the opposite, I'm getting better battery life. Not a huge amount but about 20% improvement. Also much better LTE signal and not going from 3G to LTE.

Try clearing cache and if that doesn't work, a factory reset might help.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if its a battery drain since I am using my phone more during a typical work day due to texting for work related stuff. I'm noticing 10-15% less battery at the end of the day.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have always been disappointed in the battery life of my 6P - after 15 months of a OnePlus One and its GOAT battery life, who wouldn't? - but I am at my wit's end over how abysmal my battery life is. Seeing people bragging about 5+ hours of SOT makes it even worse as I could get that with my OPO, but no way in hell with the 6P.

Currently I have been off the charger for 14h with only 32m of SOT and I'm down to 49% battery. Because I have Project Fi, I am trying to minimize the cell standby drain my Faraday cage-like workplace causes by running in Airplane Mode with wifi turned on; I have removed the Facebook app (can't ditch Messenger, though, and in beta group for that) and GasBuddy (which caused drain due to Bluetooth bug) and the damn thing ONLY Dozes when at home or at my g/f's while sleeping.

Here at work, sitting on my desk motionless (i.e. not in my pocket being shaken) makes no difference. According to GSam Battery Monitor, Google Services has guzzled 4.5% and Google Apps 3.5%. These two are ALWAYS the top two on the App Sucker list. CPU Spy Plus routinely shows it only goes to Deep Sleep 50-60% of the time.

Android Battery page lists power usage: Screen 3%, Android OS 3%, Android System 2%, Phone Idle 2%, Google Services 2%, Wi-Fi 1%, Google App 1%, before finally having Chrome 1% and Cell Standby 1%.

I was so used to only having to plug in the OPO because it'd been a day or two; now I have to pretty much plug it in all the time and if I actually get nearly two hours of SOT, it's a freaking miracle. So frustrating to pay so much for a phone and get terrible battery life when so many others care claiming so much more.

mikeoc

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Also had much worse battery after the update - in fact, my phone was also physically getting quite hot while just using it, which it never did before - I did a factory reset, and the issue cleared up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12