Android N for Nexus 6P?

houtek

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I just bought a Nexus 6P. Love it. I know a new 2016 Nexus may be out in the near future. Is it reasonable to expect that Nexus 6P will get the Android N update, and if so, how long after the Nexus release? Thank you very much.

Last edited:

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, the 6P will get Android N. Developer preview is already available. 2016 Nexus won't be released for at least another 6 months.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The 6P will likely get the Android N update on day one of its release. From what I've heard, Google's roadmap for Android N puts it at a late Q3 release, probably around September.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The 6P will without a doubt be getting Android N, and it will definitely be one of the first devices to do so. The only caveat that I would throw out there is that usually Android updates get pushed out gradually over a couple of weeks, not all at once. So while an update may come out days after an official announcement it could still take a while to actually receive it just due to the way Google pushes them out.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I have no doubt that the 6P will get N (and even O next year). Google seems to be pretty good about releasing the factory images for all phones at the same time so it should be pretty quick after the OS release date.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
By the time Google releases Nutella for 6P, I'll have the next nexus by then.

Love that MultiWindow will finally make the cut.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
The 6P will definitely get N and O, as every Nexus so far has gotten at least two years of updates. It's possible that it will go to whatever P is 3 years down the road.

Another important point: even when Google stops supporting the 6P, dev support is strong for any Nexus device so you'll be able to unlock the bootloader and flash a ROM on it.

Posted via my Nexus 6P on VerLIEzon Wireless but without their shackles.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12