I currently own a Note 5 and I disabled all the useless apps, including facebook and my battery life is just horrible, even when I turn off bluetooth and location, Especially while idle. On the contrast my iphone 6s lasted me through the whole day at work but the Note 5 doesn't even when I am not using it heavily. I am considering the Nexus 6p but my question is battery life. How is it compared to the Note 5? I don't want to make the switch and end up disappointed.
    03-16-2016 08:28 PM
    For some some reason my Nexus 6p battery life isn't so good. It seems to drain very quickly compared to the iPhone 6s plus
    03-16-2016 09:55 PM
    I tend to get better battery life on my 6p than I do on my Note 5. It's tough to comment too much on battery life due to the sheer amount of variables that may impact your battery's longevity throughout the day. Things like signal strength, apps, and general usage can vary wildly from person to person.
    03-16-2016 10:11 PM
    I get far better battery life on the 6p also and I've gone back and forth multiple times. Standby time. Usage time. All the way around

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-16-2016 11:11 PM
    I've been pouring through kernel configurations lately.. Google likes to configure their phones to provide as smooth and fluid an experience as possible. It's not just a clean OS that gets them there, it's also the kernel governor...

I could go in there right now and pick a far more conservative governor, maximizing efficiency and battery performance, leading to numbers your see with a note 5. But that same configuration would introduce stutters... Little burps when switching apps, scrolling, a little lag when touching the screen after a few seconds. You know, the kind of things you hear some people complain about with their Notes... And since I'm never on my phone long enough to warrant really high screen times, I chose, instead, to let it run like the smooth as silk phone I've become accustomed to.
    03-17-2016 10:55 PM
    First 2 days with my 6P have been good - go to work in the morning and come back home with 40% remaining.

I did get similar battery life with my Note 5 as well, but not with S7. S7 Edge may be on par with this.
    03-18-2016 12:09 AM