Google Chrome and RAM management

Ricky Cox

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey all! Recently switched from a Note 5 to the 6p. Loving it so far. With the recent apps button on the right I like using the merge tabs and apps option in chrome. I've noticed that google searches from the app always open a new tab. I've also heard that letting Android manage RAM on its own is the best for battery. Should I be swiping away chrome tabs or just leave em be? Will battery usage vary much?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey all! Recently switched from a Note 5 to the 6p. Loving it so far. With the recent apps button on the right I like using the merge tabs and apps option in chrome. I've noticed that google searches from the app always open a new tab. I've also heard that letting Android manage RAM on its own is the best for battery. Should I be swiping away chrome tabs or just leave em be? Will battery usage vary much?

I usually just leave them. If your going to use them again I would just leave it, if not swipe away. I have 43 things in my app manager, and 12 of those are chrome tabs. I usually don't use more than 1.9-2 GB of RAM at any given time.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana