Please..After travelling and GSM SIM swap - (Verizon) cannot make calls anymore. Can I get some help?

dwc_sf

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Please....After travelling and GSM SIM swap - (Verizon) cannot make calls anymore

Been using the 6P happily on Verizon for months.

I went to London last week and while there I bought a pre-pay Vodaphone SIM. It worked great.

So I get home and put the Verizion SIM back in.
  • mobile data works fine!
  • LTE shows in signal status
  • I cannot make calls. When I try, the phone shows "dialing" for a bit, then gives up
  • inbound calls go straight to voicemail

I've rebooted, airplane moded off/on, enhanced LTE off/on, etc. No luck.

Can anyone help me here?

KimJongOMG

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: Please....After travelling and GSM SIM swap - (Verizon) cannot make calls anymore

Been using the 6P happily on Verizon for months.

I went to London last week and while there I bought a pre-pay Vodaphone SIM. It worked great.

So I get home and put the Verizion SIM back in.
  • mobile data works fine!
  • LTE shows in signal status
  • I cannot make calls. When I try, the phone shows "dialing" for a bit, then gives up
  • inbound calls go straight to voicemail

I've rebooted, airplane moded off/on, enhanced LTE off/on, etc. No luck.

Can anyone help me here?

Might have to redo the APN to fully connect with Verizon's network.

dwc_sf

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Please....After travelling and GSM SIM swap - (Verizon) cannot make calls anymore

There's only one choice under APN, [Verizon VZWINTERNET].

I called support last night and they are sending me a new SIM. Said that having a SIM out for X number of days can cause it to shut down. (?)

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

That's weird. Had mine off for a week without issue.

Go to your APN and delete it. Then reboot phone.

dwc_sf

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion. No dice though. New SIM should arrive tomorrow.

FWIW - I also agree that 1 week should not "kill" a SIM. Something else is wrong. I just hope its not the radio in the phone.

dwc_sf

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Took the phone to the Verizon store. Tried a new SIM. Could not get it to work. Tried factory data reset as well.

He worked around the issue by adding "Advanced Calling" which routes my voice calls over the data network. So the issue was never fixed, but we have a workaround. This phone is really stuck on GSM. :(

flintlock

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

That's baffling! So is the response. Surely the new card has been more than a week out of the phone.

The work around won't help if your not in a good data area.

dwc_sf

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
>>The work around won't help if your not in a good data area.

Yeah I'm already suffering at home. Signal is worse than before, and sometimes have no cell service at my desk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781