"Ok Google" results don't seem to work correctly

uchuujin

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
My search app responds to "Ok Google" just fine, it's the results that are driving me nuts. For example, if I try the new "Ok Google, add potatoes to shopping list," I get a search result of potatoes and apps for keeping a shopping list, instead of Google Keep firing up and adding "potatoes" to "shopping list."

If I try other things, like "Ok Google, turn on the flashlight," it shows me flashlight apps.

Basically, all it does is search for stuff. Which is fine for a search app, but when I see all the cool kids doing cool things with their 6Ps, I'm wondering what the heck is broken on mine, and why? :(

(oh, and yes, I've updated everything.)

Okay, I uninstalled the Google app updates (dammit, there went my home screen), and it worked ONCE. Then it went back to its usual behavior of not working.

I'm stumped.

TIA.

Last edited:

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Works for me, I tried your exact phase, add potatoes to shopping list and it created a list in Keep and put potatoes on it.

uchuujin

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, still doesn't work for me. And yeah, the flashlight thing, too. It worked only once after reinstalling updates, then it stopped working again. Changed to results instead.

Guess I can't have nice things. :p

EDIT: I figured it out. It was my google search settings. I had added Japanese to my search results (because I do work with Japanese companies), and when I removed it, BAM, things started to work again. So I can either have voice commands, or bi-lingual search results.

Last edited:

Espen Helmersen

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Thanks; "Ok Google" results now work correctly!

Hey, that was my problem as well, two languages selected in Google Search -> voice -settings. (US-English & Norwegian, Changed to US-English only)

Thanks for the resolving the frustration. It now works perfectly again *thumbsup*

ps. I wish Google would add a quick-button to change languages on the Search Screen though, maybe a voice command even; as google does not have an issue with understanding both languages, separately.

CHILLYWILL_95831

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so look I'm having an issue with ok Google. When I say ok Google, I'm not receiving audio feedback. It just opens the search, but I can't hear the normal notification sound that Google is activated. The phone vibrates, but no sound. Is anyone having this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20