How is Android N doing?

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
The alpha of N has been out for a few weeks, what's it's current state? Has it gotten to the point where it's usable as a daily driver? I was going to install it when it came out but then I saw the reports in this forum that it was really was really rough so I decided to wait a few weeks until it crossed the threshold of just good enough, how much has it improved since it's first release and where does it stand now?

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It has no official name yet, the internal name is New York Cheesecake but that will change when it's released.

Johnny Barbrarelli

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
Been using it since beta 1, had one update so far. My stability throughout the whole process wasn't terrible, some apps still sporadically crash (especially AC) but I restart app (after I report) and usually everything is fine. I think I'm part of the few percent who haven't had big problems.

Last edited:

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Some apps crash here and there plus the battery life has gone down but it is running ok for me. I still wouldn't recommend it as a daily driver.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kevin Harvell

May 31, 2012
Visit site
The only issues that I experienced with the first beta release were a pair of apps would not update in the Play Store (OneDrive and the MS Health app for the MS Band), and I had a couple random reboots.

After the reboots popped up, I backed it back down to 6.0.1 but am tempted to throw it back on there since I can bounce between other devices as a daily driver.

The app updating issue was similar to what my only issues were with the Android M betas last year so I was not too surprised that it popped up again, just disappointing. But I did enjoy the multi-app view and new notifications. Much cleaner.

Vivek31

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
A few random app crashes and a few don't open, but nothing major. Been using since day 1, the first update improved the jaginess and stability. I'm very happy with it as my dd. Talon twitter client supports bundled notifications in N. Pretty cool.

I still can't get onedrive to update!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781