How do you upload photos onto Nexus 6p?

A

AC Question

recently purchased a Nexus 6p and am trying to upload pictures from my PC onto the Nexus. As always I'm trying to use the MS explorer, but I can't seem to access the Nexus?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Pull down the notification shade. One of the entries will read something along the lines of "charging only". Tap that and select the option that would allow you to connect to a computer to transfer files. Then open the file structure from the PC and copy files into it.

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
The best way is through the cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive and because you are on Windows One Drive. Photos that you take on the phone will automatically be uploaded to your cloud services and you can put photos on your computer on the phone by copying them into your cloud directories.

If you want to move files directly between the phone and your PC install ES File Explorer on the phone and then share some directories on your PC. ES File Explorer can see your LAN, connect to your PC and then you can copy files back and forth exactly as you would between two PCs.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The best way is through the cloud, Dropbox, Google Drive and because you are on Windows One Drive. Photos that you take on the phone will automatically be uploaded to your cloud services and you can put photos on your computer on the phone by copying them into your cloud directories.

If you want to move files directly between the phone and your PC install ES File Explorer on the phone and then share some directories on your PC. ES File Explorer can see your LAN, connect to your PC and then you can copy files back and forth exactly as you would between two PCs.

It's just simply not that difficult. The OP has the phone connected to the PC, I posted the instructions for the next step and then they're in. No apps, cloud storage or anything needed. Not to mention, ES now brings extras with it that forced me to decide it was worth the couple bucks to switch to Solid Explorer as my on-device file explorer.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

Hell NO to ES explorer. thats the first software that people should avoid installing on their phone.
Its a bloated mess

ccps

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I copied directly to the phone when I plugged it in via simple win explorer. BUT i lost all of the meta date info. all the pictures were mixed up. I found another post that explained it as something to do with the space presented for general use is a virtual space some info is not allowed to write. It was said that if you use Gdive or 1drive and sync it down all meta data is kept intact. I have yet to try it myself. All new pictures I take with the 6p are dated properly just not the ones I copied over when i plugged it into my computer and copied my old stuff directly.

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I respectfully disagree on the "Hell No to " ES Explorer.
Almost every one of those options has proved useful to me. Enough that I paid for the Pro version.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci