Hey guys,

I've seen a few threads about how the do not disturb mode is the new "silent mode" but what most don't cover is how to completely remove the vibrate feature. Even when in priority only mode my phone still vibrates for the approved apps but my watch mimics what the device does so if I put it on DND silent the watch is silent too. What I am looking to do is, given the fact that I have an android wear on my arm that vibrates for my notifications, achieve a way where my phone is silent (no vibrate), still receives notifications on my device and watch, and can easily vibrate if I would choose to have it (ie audible ringing mode) without having to go through each individual app and disable/enable it. Has google really made it this hard with Marshmallow? My GS6 (I know, I know) had a silent mode I just tapped to get to.

Does this all make sense?
    03-24-2016 03:05 PM
    Hey guys,

I've seen a few threads about how the do not disturb mode is the new "silent mode" but what most don't cover is how to completely remove the vibrate feature. Even when in priority only mode my phone still vibrates for the approved apps but my watch mimics what the device does so if I put it on DND silent the watch is silent too. What I am looking to do is, given the fact that I have an android wear on my arm that vibrates for my notifications, achieve a way where my phone is silent (no vibrate), still receives notifications on my device and watch, and can easily vibrate if I would choose to have it (ie audible ringing mode) without having to go through each individual app and disable/enable it. Has google really made it this hard with Marshmallow? My GS6 (I know, I know) had a silent mode I just tapped to get to.

Does this all make sense?
    So you want the phone to be silenced completely whilst the watch notifies & vibrates? In the AW app there's an option to auto-silence notifications on the phone when your watch is connected - however I've found after the March update this is broken. Beforehand I had this feature and it did work - when I got a notification my phone wouldn't do anything (no vibration or sound) and only my watch would vibrate.
    03-24-2016 09:32 PM
    It's truly frustrating, something so simple...especially given two devices that are supposedly as pure google as you can get. And yes I would like the phone itself to be completely silent!
    03-29-2016 01:56 PM