Activating Camera Bypasses Lock Screen on my Nexus 6P

magellanous

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm running 6.0.1 with March 1st security patch level. I do not use smartlock with any devices. My Nexus 6P is set up to unlock with either fingerprints or a pin. When I double tap the power button, the camera opens as do the soft key options. If I hit the home button, I get my home screen which completely bypasses my finger print and pin setup.
I disabled the double tap option which I thought would be a temp fix to secure the phone. But, when I swipe the camera icon on the lock screen, it will also bypass the security. So basically, my phone cannot be locked.

Anyone else running into this? Suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks-

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm running a 6P with the same OS updates, and my home button (after double-tap to open the camera) takes me back to the lock screen.

Do you have any other lock screen dohickeys (that's a technical term) in use?

Is your default camera app the Google camera or a third-party app?

-->> Are you using Smart Lock? <<--

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I tested - if Smart Lock is enabled (for example, while at my home or work location) then it does exactly what the OP is complaining about. So, that is my best guess.

jbergsing

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I tested - if Smart Lock is enabled (for example, while at my home or work location) then it does exactly what the OP is complaining about. So, that is my best guess.

I performed the same test with the same results.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Nexus 6p

magellanous

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I ended up doing a factory reset and all is well now. Thank you for the replies. I will be mindful of the smart lock location function. I don't recall setting this up as I didn't think it was a good idea at the time. I actually think I first noticed this last week in an airport that I had not travelled to before. Regardless, everything is working okay now.

Jaschneid

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm running 6.0.1 with March 1st security patch level. I do not use smartlock with any devices. My Nexus 6P is set up to unlock with either fingerprints or a pin. When I double tap the power button, the camera opens as do the soft key options. If I hit the home button, I get my home screen which completely bypasses my finger print and pin setup.
I disabled the double tap option which I thought would be a temp fix to secure the phone. But, when I swipe the camera icon on the lock screen, it will also bypass the security. So basically, my phone cannot be locked.

Thanks-

I am having the same problem . I have a nexus 6 with 7.0 running it. I have a 4 digit PIN but when I go into the camera and hit the home button it takes me right back to the home screen. Anyone figure out how to fix this?

cridleyjr

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks-

Make sure you're not using any of your trusted devices or you're not in a trusted location.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy