Nexus 6p Help

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
Looking to get this phone, even after the S7 Edge came out, but I wanted to make sure of a couple things. First and foremost, I want to make sure the battery would last me all day. I really want good standby time, and I typically use my phone for 2.5-3 hours each day at the most. I text a ton, but I also play some light games (not very demanding games) every now and then, lots of spotify, along with skyping quite a bit too.I wake up around 6:00 and go to bed at 12:00 am, so about 18 hours. Will it last the whole day? Also, I know the phone's specs are a bit dated, so I wanted to make sure the performance was okay. Has anybody had problems with that? Also, if you believe my decision to get this phone over the S7 Edge is wrong, please let me know why, but I just don't have a huge need for micro sd card or waterproofing, and I really hate touchwiz.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Hate touchwiz definitely get this phone. Battery lasts more than all day, if you only have 2-3 hours screen on time this could let you have near 2 day battery life. Performance is better than S7E or on par because its stock android. Specs aren't really dated, it is as fast or nearly as fast as any new phone, but a lot smoother and less laggy than almost any new phone. I have both the 6P and the S7E. The s7 has a bit better battery life though

Posted via the Android Central App

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Looking to get this phone, even after the S7 Edge came out, but I wanted to make sure of a couple things. First and foremost, I want to make sure the battery would last me all day. I really want good standby time, and I typically use my phone for 2.5-3 hours each day at the most. I text a ton, but I also play some light games (not very demanding games) every now and then, lots of spotify, along with skyping quite a bit too.I wake up around 6:00 and go to bed at 12:00 am, so about 18 hours. Will it last the whole day? Also, I know the phone's specs are a bit dated, so I wanted to make sure the performance was okay. Has anybody had problems with that? Also, if you believe my decision to get this phone over the S7 Edge is wrong, please let me know why, but I just don't have a huge need for micro sd card or waterproofing, and I really hate touchwiz.

Well, as to whether it's "wrong," that's an entirely subjective question.... But seeing how you're already on record as not caring for touchwiz, I'd say it's more likely a good fit than the s7 for you...at least on the software front.

I'm just under a week with my 6p (came from a 2015 moto x pure, which a family member now uses). I'm on Verizon no contract, 6.0.1, non rooted, January security patch and here's my 0.02 cents:

Battery life, for me, has been pretty darn close to phenomenal. It seems to hover between 6 and 7.5 hours of screen on time (in the screenshot below I had just dipped under 40% battery life and I was nearly at 6 hours of SOT). But as a side note I do stay mindful of battery hogging apps/settings. I keep my brightness locked in at about 35%, location services on "battery saver," and I'm not a gamer or a power user...I surf quite a bit, but it's in spurts throughout the day, and I do stream lots of podcasts, but that's about it...so YMMV. My phone is very fast and very smooth. It seems much quicker than my Pure edition Moto. I have had zero overheating issues, and while i do miss the positively remarkable turbo charging on my MXPure, this device lasts long enough that I feel like I haven't really sacrificed anything. If battery life is a concern I'd say you *should* be okay. Good luck!

Nexus 6P

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160326-234836.jpg
    Screenshot_20160326-234836.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 70

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Well, as to whether it's "wrong," that's an entirely subjective question.... But seeing how you're already on record as not caring for touchwiz, I'd say it's more likely a good fit than the s7 for you...at least on the software front.

I'm just under a week with my 6p (came from a 2015 moto x pure, which a family member now uses). I'm on Verizon no contract, 6.0.1, non rooted, January security patch and here's my 0.02 cents:

Battery life, for me, has been pretty darn close to phenomenal. It seems to hover between 6 and 7.5 hours of screen on time (in the screenshot below I had just dipped under 40% battery life and I was nearly at 6 hours of SOT). But as a side note I do stay mindful of battery hogging apps/settings. I keep my brightness locked in at about 35%, location services on "battery saver," and I'm not a gamer or a power user...I surf quite a bit, but it's in spurts throughout the day, and I do stream lots of podcasts, but that's about it...so YMMV. My phone is very fast and very smooth. It seems much quicker than my Pure edition Moto. I have had zero overheating issues, and while i do miss the positively remarkable turbo charging on my MXPure, this device lasts long enough that I feel like I haven't really sacrificed anything. If battery life is a concern I'd say you *should* be okay. Good luck!

Nexus 6P

That is insane battery life. On my 6p, if be at around 3 hours SOT at 37% under normal usage. What was the total time you phone was on for that cycle?

OP, you should have no problems getting you through a day. Personally I get 4-5 hours of SOT over 15-18 hours, but I'm rooted with the Franco kernel, aggressive doze, and amplify. I keep everything turned on. On the stock setup (March update) I got around an hour less SOT for the same usage, but it's still enough to get you through a moderate-heavy usage day.

Posted via my Perfect-Except-for-Verizon-and-Lenovo Droid Turbo 2 or my Nexus 6P.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The "dates specs" comment kills me. The phone is 6 months old and the s7 and s7 edge are practically the only things out right now that make the specs look even remotely not top tier.

Look, Other phones may have slightly better hardware specs than the 6p at this point, but the 6p has stock Android. You can go ahead and negate any of the plausible bonuses the other phones have with those higher specs thanks to their skinned operating system (sans MAYBE camera performance but even that is relatively close at this point). Do not strictly play the "better hardware" game when it comes to phones. The software has just as much of an impact on the experience as the hardware does, and idk about you but I would personally prefer to use a phone with slightly older hardware that runs like butter over a brand new phone with top of the line hardware that runs like garbage.

To answer your original question- I'm 17 hours into my day, with 2 and 1/2 hrs screen on time and I'm sitting at 35% battery. I use my phone a LOT for email and social media, and that's normally enough battery to watch 2 one hour long episodes of something on Netflix before bed without it dying. I'd say with the usage you have suggested you do you should be fine battery life wise.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc